By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star fox Zero delayed till Q1 2016

Eh, at least there's Xenoblade to look forward to.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

for me, this doesn't effect much. Star Fox was on my radar, but Xenoblade Chronicles X was always my go-to title on the Wii U for the holidays. And so long as they keep it the actual 1st quarter, that's not so bad. Still means the next 8 months are looking good.

Yeah I´m not surprised, oh well xenoblade was going to take all my gaming time anyway

When every time Nintendo announces a date you can say with complete confidence whether or not it's a blatant lie, something's wrong. I love you, Nintendo, but it's too easy to spot your fibs, and the second you said Star Fox was coming this year we all knew you were full of it. We've seen you do it it too many times before.

So 2/3 games mentioned in the VGA last December are delayed until next year :-/

It needed polish anyway and I hope they keep on delaying until they add local multiplayer and hopefully online as well.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
And now everyone will whine over them delaying it despite having previously all but putting a gun to their head and screaming *DELAY IT IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!*

Fun times on the internet.

I came  in here just to say this. Doesn't bother me though. I'm just now playing Pikmin 3. That I bought back around Christmas. 2013.

I wonder...if this comes from the new President? I doubt he said, "delay the game," but I wonder if they weren't rushing to cram everything in and finish Wii U work immediately and move to NX. And now, he's suggested they extend their development time on NX and thus the schedule isn't so tight. Total speculation, no evidence, just timing.

And here's something I hope comes out of this: I hope they take all the money they were going to use to market Star Fox and instead market Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's the most logical game to take the spotlight for the holidays. In the West anyway. It's an open world, science fiction RPG with a heavy emphasis on exploration and with some online elements. That's all marketable. And the aesthetics resonate with western designs in many ways, anime character models not withstanding.

I could see them doing that.
Since this gives the Wii U more to look forward to in 2016, now that it'll have SMTxFE, Mario Tennis (except Japan), Zelda, and now Star Fox for that year.
Maaayybe Pikmin 4, maaaayyybe.

I barely have time to play games at the moment, but this is not good news for the Wii U. Sure, the game will see improvements but there us not much else releasing this Holiday.
I'm hoping Nintendo shocks us all by releasing Pikmin 4 before Christmas, as the game was 'nearly complete' back in June. Highly unlikely though, as Nintendo hasn't showed us anything and often sits on completed games for months before releasing them.
Still, I'll be satisfied playing Mario Maker, Fast Racing Neo and Fatal Frame until the end of 2015.