By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star fox Zero delayed till Q1 2016

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Tropical Freeze wasnt main holiday title, you are forgetting that in 2013. holiday season we had Mario 3D World strongest Wii U holiday title ever, so they they could afford DK delay in orde to be filler. In other hand Star Fox was main title for this holiday season, so there is no logic to delay main holiday title in order to bi filler for Q1. Also we all know that DK was ready before was dealyed, on other hand  some people predict that Star Fox Zero will be delayed because it looked like needs more polishing.

And perhaps they now believe Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Mario Tenis, plus the much greater backlog are a good enough holiday line-up. Of course there's no way to confirm that or anything you've said as it's all just assumptions. The only facts we have be that Tropical Freeze was delayed to Q1 where no other game was releasing, yet recieved no significant improvements or changes, and now Starfox Zero is being delayed to Q1, and again there's no other games set to release then. Much wiser it is to assume Starfox will also not change much, as anything else is just set up for disappointment.

Like I said, there is no logic at all to delay main holiday game to be filler, and Star Fox Zero was main holiday game before it was delayed. Tropical Freeze was much more smaller title than Mario 3D World so certanly not same thing. Also Tropical Freeze was finished before holiday season and it was delayed to be Q1 filler, but everybody can see that Star Fox Zero needs more polishing.

Of Course it all assumptions, but my points for "why this delay is not because Q1 filler" are much stronger than yours. Also they could delay Animal Crossing or Mario Tennis if they want filler for Q1 and not main holiday game. All points that they really delayed game in order to improve game not to be filler.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Like I said, there is no logic at all to delay main holiday game to be filler, and Star Fox Zero was main holiday game before it was delayed. Tropical Freeze was much more smaller title than Mario 3D World so certanly not same thing. Also Tropical Freeze was finished before holiday season and it was delayed to be Q1 filler, but everybody can see that Star Fox Zero needs more polishing.

Of Course it all assumptions, but my points for "why this delay is not because Q1 filler" are much stronger than yours. Also they could delay Animal Crossing or Mario Tennis if they want filler for Q1 and not main holiday game. All points that they really delayed game in order to improve game not to be filler.

Uh no, assumptions are not stronger than facts. Whether you think it's logical or not and whatever arbitrary titles like "main holiday game" and "Q1 filler" you decide to give to these games don't matter to Nintendo and have nothing to do with their decisions, so no use talking as if they do.

Nintendo highly need new Direct right now. Too much questions that need to be answered. Proper holiday release dates situation. Zelda U (or NX), Pikmin 4, Project Guard/Robot/Treasure/Whatever situation. Nintendo Club replacement, DeNa deal, etc.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Uh no, assumptions are not stronger than facts. Whether you think it's logical or not and whatever arbitrary titles like "main holiday game" and "Q1 filler" you decide to give to these games don't matter to Nintendo and have nothing to do with their decisions, so no use talking as if they do.

-Mario 3D World was main holiday title. Fact.

-Tropical Freeze wasn't main holiday season and its much smaller IP than 3D Mario. Fact.

-Star Fox Zero was main holiday title. Fact.

-Nintendo could delay some smaller title like Mario Tennis or Animal Crossing and not main holiday title. Fact.

-Star Fox Zero didn't had long development time. Fact.

-Star Fox Zero looks little rough and looked like need more development time and polishing. Fact.

But you can still think they delayed Star Fox Zero just to be filled for Q1.

Miyamotoo said:

But you can still think they delayed Star Fox Zero just to be filled for Q1.

That I will, and you can believe it was delayed so they can improve it. What makes my stance smarter is that I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Around the Network

Another year that my Xmas WiiU title is delayed. Last year it was Captain Toad and now we have Star Fox Zero.

Got no interest in X, so I'll get the 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo as my Nintendo Xmas gift... if I'd known about this before I would have delayed my Super Mario Maker purchase for then too.

Still got Project Zero to look forward for Halloween... whenever the order comes up at Amazon.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"