By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do People Not Like Little Big Planet Anymore?

Tagged games:

Do People/Gamers not care for LBP anymore?

Yes 44 26.99%

No 73 44.79%

IGN is dragging us all do... 46 28.22%

Total:163

LittleBigPlanet was something completely new and great.
LittleBigPlanet 2 and 3 just haven't this effect anymore.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
As a platformer, LittleBigPlanet has commited the mortal sin of having crappy gameplay. I loathe this game.

Bingo.

The main problem with Little Big Planet is the platforming. As a level creator its fantastic but as an actual platformer, its so far behind other platformers that it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I will give you that the jumping is a little floaty and not as tight as it should be, but I found the appeal the highest in its puzzle / exploration elements.

Random level exploration online was often fantastic.  The best level didn't involve platforming as much as exploring IMO. Each level was either suprisingly good or hilariously bad.  Favorites from the Word Wide Web include one where you knocked over small buildings that were scaled so you felt like godzilla, or one where you could spawn one of many seamonsters and fight them.  

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Bristow9091 said:
I loved the first LittleBigPlanet, I was like super hyped for it you have no idea, and when it came out it was brilliant, being able to make my own levels and stuff, was so bloody fun, then the second game came out with new tools to mess around with and it's like they perfected the series there... the third game however, I can't say anything about it since honestly, when I found out Media Molecule weren't the ones making it, a main entry in the series (Not a portable spin off), I felt a bit meh... then I saw they were adding things that I didn't like, and the inclusion of new characters (Why not give Sackboy the ability to do these things? Give him paper wings to let him fly, for example) which didn't really seem to have much personality and looked like failed attempts at a mascot for the game before reaching Sackboy... it kinda' turned me off... my brother bought me the game for my birthday last year, but I've still not got round to playing it yet... I was gonna' open it up and play around the time I got it, just to see if it could change my mind, but then I started seeing and hearing about all the terrible bugs and glitches people were experiencing, so thought I'd wait for them to get fixed, since I'd rather not have a broken experience with a game I'm already doubting... and since then I've just never really wanted to, or even thought about, playing it... meh. The series has been on a decline in terms of sales since the first anyway, and the third game has sold pretty bad in comparison... I think it's time to accept the days of Sackboy are over.

Does the lower quality later entries really lower the opinion of the series so much that the brilliant (IMO) first game doesn't deserve a spot on the top 25?

Proud Owner of:

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

TruckOSaurus said:
As a platformer, LittleBigPlanet has commited the mortal sin of having crappy gameplay. I loathe this game.

Well yeah. I hated the gravity in this series.

Most people don't seem to like create your own level games. Makes me wonder about the future of Super Mario Maker.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

I loved LBP 2, but I have no intention of playing the third one.

I have all of the games except Vita. Don't know why I keep buying them. They do get better with each entry but they always lack personality. Just a bunch of levels made from random junk.

Bristow9091 said:
2Quick said:

Does the lower quality later entries really lower the opinion of the series so much that the brilliant (IMO) first game doesn't deserve a spot on the top 25?

I never said that at all, was simply giving my opinion on the three main entries in the series from my experience... and maybe it doesn't deserve a spot on some people's top 25 list, and does on others, since y'know... opinions and stuff. It's like I personally wouldn't put Final Fantasy VII on a top 25 PS1 games list, and I know a lot of people would rant and complain like little bitches because my opinion differs to theirs... and it's even harder to compile a list of top 25 when there's so many amazing games on a console too... maybe if they make a top 50 it'll pop up?

I wasnt trying to imply you said that.  Sorry!

I was just curious becuase the reasons people say lbp is bad is because later entries are stale. I guess I'm just sad that these other games have clouded the love the first game recieved.

Proud Owner of:

I wanted to like LittleBigPlanet. I really did. But it was ultra boring.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Game was cute but played horribly. Never understood the appeal.