By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do People Not Like Little Big Planet Anymore?

Tagged games:

Do People/Gamers not care for LBP anymore?

Yes 44 26.99%

No 73 44.79%

IGN is dragging us all do... 46 28.22%

Total:163

Kind of frustrating. The original LBP was fresh and charming, but the gameplay was sloppy. Two sequels later and the gameplay is now more than up to snuff, but I keep hearing it's dead. I'm all about new IPs, but considering a ton of the online gaming talk revolves around "I want a new [insert old and heavily sequelized franchise here]," I frankly don't understand why some series are permitted to go on and on and some should just go away.

Around the Network

I enjoyed the first game for what it was, but I lost interest after that. I would probably skip on buying a LBP4!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Personally, I didn't care for it, except the levels that weren't based on platforming. I remember having a blast with a pinball level in the demo, for example. And, no, I'm not one of the "OMG the platforming is different than what I'm used to playing, I CAN'T LEARN SOMETHING NEW," people. I'm more with the, "a game based on jumping when the game tells me to jump is boring as hell," crowd.

Also, you've got to figure that the appeal of level editors will die over time.

Still, the original game deserves it's spot in the history books for bringing something new and innovative to the table.

I've never liked the LBP games. I just don't find them that fun. I remember when the first game came out, I was jealous it was a PS3 exclusive but after playing it, I didn't really like it. I never played the second one but the third one was very glitchy.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

LBP Vita is still the best

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I've never liked the LBP games. I just don't find them that fun. I remember when the first game came out, I was jealous it was a PS3 exclusive but after playing it, I didn't really like it. I never played the second one but the third one was very glitchy.

I thought the same, I was impressed with its initial sales, legs and the look of the game, but when I got the chance to play it I was done with it after 30 mins. 

Love the art style & design. As a tool editor is great but the gameplay is tedious to me. Too slow and simple. Its a childish game

My daughters adore the little big planet games, it and minecraft are the only games they really seem to enjoy, and I just don't get it. I applaud the game's ambition and its level creator is robust to be certain but the games feel flawed on a fundamental level that makes them hard for me to give a shit about.

Yeah I don't get why LBP got rave reviews, I never really got into it. They also made a mistake by releasing the sequels too close after each other, and also like some have said it doesn't have that fun element and good game play mechanic. I do think they flopped a good concept though, it had potential but they milked the franchise.

To me the series should be one per platform and then do expansion. The creativity was amazing, but making a sequel on PS3 was an odd decision. I still love the series, but would not mind it taking a 5-6 year break.