By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do People Not Like Little Big Planet Anymore?

Tagged games:

Do People/Gamers not care for LBP anymore?

Yes 44 26.99%

No 73 44.79%

IGN is dragging us all do... 46 28.22%

Total:163
kitler53 said:
lbp vita is still the best in the franchise.

Really?  I don't have a vita (but want one for its unique jrpg exclusives) so I haven't played it.

What makes that one better?

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

Lbp3 fixed 90% of what everyone is saying in this thread..... Obviously most of you stopped in the middle of the first one and went back to cod or mortal kombat.....

Lbp3 doesn't have floaty controls, and after the launch patch had a storyline and lots of levels with lots of varieties of gameplay beyond 2d platforming, plus the ps4 version looks great

mM

Sony milked it too much.

I have the same problem with LBP as I do with viva pinata: I really like the concept and style but I just found the game boring after a while.

leo-j said:
Lbp3 fixed 90% of what everyone is saying in this thread..... Obviously most of you stopped in the middle of the first one and went back to cod or mortal kombat.....

Lbp3 doesn't have floaty controls, and after the launch patch had a storyline and lots of levels with lots of varieties of gameplay beyond 2d platforming, plus the ps4 version looks great

Most people wouldn't bother to stick with a series that takes three iterations to get it right.

I didn't at all feel compelled to try either the second or third one. My loss perhaps, but given the disappoint I felt coupled with the accolades it had gotten - it's not surprising so many gave up on the series.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
LBP was amazeballz but i hated the "platform for games" direction they took with the sequel. LBP3 is just a mess with the contant level links making me spend half my game time in a loading screen. the gameplay is great but they seriously need to reduce the feature set and prioritize platforming and loading screen performance.
leo-j said:

Lbp3 maybe fixed the floaty controls but broke a lot more. The storyline didn't add much besides more loading screens. Loading times are terrible, at launch opening the popit took 5 seconds each time as it would scan your screenshot directory over and over. The level links add a lot of confusion, the level select screen is a mess. The maze like hub level design is very annoying in 4 player co-op, especially if some of those players are kids that always go the wrong way. Some of the level links don't even work in co-op. There is one where you have to build and drive a car, could not get it to work with multiple players.
It's still buggy as well. Sometimes it will let other players join, sometimes it requires them to make a psn account or locks out the community features. Why can't my kids play with me online in LBP3 on my ps+ account, well sometimes they can, it's a mystery.

I didn't have a problem with the floaty controls in the first one. LBP was one of the best, most fun co-op experiences I've had in a long time. Messing around, slapping each other into hazards, messing up the challenges. The magic just isn't there anymore in LBP3. The laoding times were always a bit on the long side in LBP 1 and 2. I had high hopes for a responsive fast experience on PS4. The reality was quite the opposite, much worse experience than the first 2. Maybe emptying the capture gallery again could help or rebuilding the database in safe mode, but at this point I don't really care for LBP anymore.

Charming platformers don't sell on Playstation platforms anymore. Gone are the days of Sly, Ratchet, Crash and Jak unfortunately. I am currently playing Sly 3 and I had this same discussion with someone the other day. It's amazing just how far the Playstation brand has fallen when it comes to great, colorful, charming platformers.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Charming platformers don't sell on Playstation platforms anymore. Gone are the days of Sly, Ratchet, Crash and Jak unfortunately. I am currently playing Sly 3 and I had this same discussion with someone the other day. It's amazing just how far the Playstation brand has fallen when it comes to great, colorful, charming platformers go.

I don't think Sony's output has fallen in terms of platformers, but the audience tastes have changed.

That top 25 is BS they didnt even mention MGSV

UltimateGamerConsole said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Charming platformers don't sell on Playstation platforms anymore. Gone are the days of Sly, Ratchet, Crash and Jak unfortunately. I am currently playing Sly 3 and I had this same discussion with someone the other day. It's amazing just how far the Playstation brand has fallen when it comes to great, colorful, charming platformers go.

I don't think Sony's output has fallen in terms of platformers, but the audience tastes have changed.

Yeah, that's probably why. It's still a shame though. It seems like consoles during the PS2 era had a much more diverse library software wise.