By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do People Not Like Little Big Planet Anymore?

Tagged games:

Do People/Gamers not care for LBP anymore?

Yes 44 26.99%

No 73 44.79%

IGN is dragging us all do... 46 28.22%

Total:163

Well, the top 25 is pretty crowded, lots of great games there.

One of the games would certainly be in my top 25, though.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

The games are good but the formula has definitely become a little stale.

LBP3 is the best in the series  with the tightest platforming and greatest single player.  It's the only I platinumed and I go on every now and then to play some of the top rated levels for the week/month/all time. It's always fun seeing the vibrant community come up with cool stuff especially around the holidays (can't wait to see their halloween levels) so yes people still care. It's the game that keeps on giving.

I am Iron Man

As a platformer, LittleBigPlanet has commited the mortal sin of having crappy gameplay. I loathe this game.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
As a platformer, LittleBigPlanet has commited the mortal sin of having crappy gameplay. I loathe this game.

Bingo.

The main problem with Little Big Planet is the platforming. As a level creator its fantastic but as an actual platformer, its so far behind other platformers that it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Around the Network

I played a lot of LBP1, awesome campaign and user content, less of LBP2 campaign was meh, and can't get through the campaign of LBP3. LBP3 has the worst campaign in the series and the loading times don't help. Who ever thought it was a good idea to make a maze like hub for a 4 player same screen co-op game should get their head examined. After a year we're still on world 1 or book 1. We put it back in again recently yet interest was gone after 15 minutes of running back and forth and waiting a minute every time for shit to load. The user levels might be better yet the campaign sucks, destroying the will to even try community levels.
Fix the loading times, then it might be more fun again.

the game needs to have a strong single player campaign and not rely only in creating levels. It take too much time and most people suck at it.

I loved the first LittleBigPlanet and would definitely list it among my favourite PS3 games. Excessive sequels didn't change the fact that I found it so amazing at the time, so yeah, that is quite an oversight.

Here is the thing.

Lbp1 whas unique and great pretty much unlimited gameplay.

Lbp2 whas bigger and better but also more of the same.

Lbp3 whas nr1: a buggy game.
And nr2: even more of the same and got boring.

Sorry to say but lbp needs to die.
And its time for naughty dog to make a spiritual succesor to crash bandicoot!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

The games are too similar.