By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Should You Buy This Holiday? 2015 Edition

None, I have a Wii U and that's all I need. If I got a PS4, I doubt I'd play it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

or NX? like DQXI ? seriously I still dont understand having 4th quarter on lock or the selling potential of halo or the amount of money have to do with me saying that the japanesegames audience might not be on xbox  thus making a port for it a waste of money.  let see if a game like batman AK sold much better on ps4, do you have an idea how big the ratio will be for a JRPG?.  I am not  JRPG fan and I think xb1 will win 4th quarter but I think it wont change anything if the japanese audience arent there.  the only thing that you have aas an argument that the game might arrived on xb1 is the relationship between them, if that is so, good luck.

You're hiding from the truth. How many years has it been since Nintendo has had a mainline FF game? The SNES. Not happening, unless Nintendo changes their attitude with third party. As for JRPG's Microsoft has a huge mountain to climb. Sony has home base and there isnt much politically that Microsoft can do about it. Sony by default has the JRPG fans in the west. Problem is Halo isn't a Japanese game and neither is Tomb Raider and those games will be shipping consoles whether anyone likes it or not. Uncharted is going to be Sony's so both dogs will have their day.

WiiU with XCX. The other two don't have enough interesting titles to reason the purchase for me. PS4 might arrive next year, though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Angelv577 said:

or NX? like DQXI ? seriously I still dont understand having 4th quarter on lock or the selling potential of halo or the amount of money have to do with me saying that the japanesegames audience might not be on xbox  thus making a port for it a waste of money.  let see if a game like batman AK sold much better on ps4, do you have an idea how big the ratio will be for a JRPG?.  I am not  JRPG fan and I think xb1 will win 4th quarter but I think it wont change anything if the japanese audience arent there.  the only thing that you have aas an argument that the game might arrived on xb1 is the relationship between them, if that is so, good luck.

You're hiding from the truth. How many years has it been since Nintendo has had a mainline FF game? The SNES. Not happening, unless Nintendo changes their attitude with third party. As for JRPG's Microsoft has a huge mountain to climb. Sony has home base and there isnt much politically that Microsoft can do about it. Sony by default has the JRPG fans in the west. Problem is Halo isn't a Japanese game and neither is Tomb Raider and those games will be shipping consoles whether anyone likes it or not. Uncharted is going to be Sony's so both dogs will have their day.

Things could change since SE said they want to help in reviving the japanese market so to do that, they have to consider nintendo because sony doesnt dominate that market.

PS4. I'm sad though because I won't be able to play Gears 4 since I made the shift from microsoft to sony.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Things could change since SE said they want to help in reviving the japanese market so to do that, they have to consider nintendo because sony doesnt dominate that market.

Sony naturally dominates the market. If no one noticed how great Sony's influence over the industry is, Microsoft would never have entered.

Disclaimer: Asking which console to buy is like asking what you should get for lunch. It is all subjective. Whether or not a game is good is also subjective. I tend to go by aggregate sites as a mark of quality in a game.

With that out of the way, I would suggest getting either the Wii U, or the PS4 over the Xbox One. Microsoft has never been much on exclusive titles. Gears, Forza, and Halo are their only IPs that regularly make above 85% on metacritic. After those three games, there is always a drought of quality exclusives for Microsoft's consoles. Sony has a twenty year track record for having a ton of quality exclusives over the lifetime of its consoles. The PS4 has been outselling the XB1 for a very long time. Having nearly double the user base, tends to attract developers to make more games for your particular system. Nintendo's Wii U already has five exclusives out that are above 85% on metacritic. Xenoblade, Mario Maker, and Starfox are all very likely to be received well by critics. If you haven't bought any next gen systems yet, then the Wii U stands to keep you busy for the longest time, with its existing library.

Oh yeah, and Bloodborne has a much higher metacritic score than any of the other exclusive titles right now. Mediocre? I think not.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Disclaimer: Asking which console to buy is like asking what you should get for lunch. It is all subjective. Whether or not a game is good is also subjective. I tend to go by aggregate sites as a mark of quality in a game.

With that out of the way, I would suggest getting either the Wii U, or the PS4 over the Xbox One. Microsoft has never been much on exclusive titles. Gears, Forza, and Halo are their only IPs that regularly make above 85% on metacritic. After those three games, there is always a drought of quality exclusives for Microsoft's consoles. Sony has a twenty year track record for having a ton of quality exclusives over the lifetime of its consoles. The PS4 has been outselling the XB1 for a very long time. Having nearly double the user base, tends to attract developers to make more games for your particular system. Nintendo's Wii U already has five exclusives out that are above 85% on metacritic. Xenoblade, Mario Maker, and Starfox are all very likely to be received well by critics. If you haven't bought any next gen systems yet, then the Wii U stands to keep you busy for the longest time, with its existing library.

Oh yeah, and Bloodborne has a much higher metacritic score than any of the other exclusive titles right now. Mediocre? I think not.

So you're suggesting that a person who had the option to buy three top notch games with (two with replay value) should opt for the console with one top notch game with no replay value? I am not even adding Gears of War as I am playing it right now and the 60fps multiplayer is awesome. It definitely encourages friendly co-op with friends.

I may get a PS4. Although might wait for a price drop. Everyone who doesn't have a Wii U should do that though. You can find them fairly cheap and there are so many good exclusives at this point.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

So you're suggesting that a person who had the option to buy three top notch games with (two with replay value) should opt for the console with one top notch game with no replay value? I am not even adding Gears of War as I am playing it right now and the 60fps multiplayer is awesome. It definitely encourages friendly co-op with friends.

If Bloodborne is anything like Dark Souls, it is brimming with replay value. Persona 5, and SFV will close the gap by early next year. After that it will be three quality exclusives vs two quality exclusives. Unless we want to be shortsighted, the PS4 is the clear winner.