By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Should You Buy This Holiday? 2015 Edition

The obvious bias towards ps4 is astounding lol...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Halo is dropping in the fourth quarter. Forget the other games Microsoft is bringing, when the first Halo drops on the Xbox it turns heads. You will see. Sony has no fourth quarter blockbuster which will shift consoles and at the same time sell above eight million on average in the west. Sure, Sony's got everywhere else in the world based on knowledge of what a base console is, but what Microsoft is offering this year is far more valuable than any other year since 2013 for the holiday season.

Well, it will be an interesting year to watch for sure. I haven't really paid much attention to how many units Halo pushed out the door, in the past. Maybe I'll be in for a surprise. Critics have been harder, and harder on Halo with each new release. Halo 4 got a respectable 87% on metacritic, but that's quite the drop from previous entries. It's still a must buy game of course. I'm kind of left wondering if 343 can keep the quality up as long as Bungie did. Halo 5 will be 343's first sequel after taking over. Sequels tend to be a little worse than the original, especially when it comes to longrunning series.

This console cycle is taking too long to rev up. The avalaiblility of games on both the PS4, and XBO have been extremely underwhelming so far. The next few months should see them both hit their strides though. As far as I'm concerned as far as good games go, Nintendo has been killing it. The 3DS library exploded with quality games around 2013, and hasn't really let up since. The Wii U was slow to start, but they are in their third year, and three more AAA games are about to drop. That would bring the number of quality Wii U exclusives to nine (I count Splatoon since they keep updating it).

I miss the old days, when consoles had at least one epic game at launch. Even the 360 had Oblivion six months in, to keep us busy. Back then it was a big deal, since PC wasn't quite mainstream yet.

Ps4 just had a small price cut in japan, that will reach the west by Holiday. $50 off apparently, still enough for a big holiday boost added with LE Starwars.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Halo 5 has an 86 on metacritic. That's a good enough score for me to buy the game, but not good enough for me to buy an entire console over. Considering that this is going to be the *ONE* game that will seperate the XB-ONE from the PS4, I think this score is pretty sad. When your flagship game can't even score in the 90's you have a serious problem.

Yep what to do with all the money they're making, serious problem indeed...

Honestly, you really think metascore mean anything for a well known fps franchise with millions of fans? It's getting good reviews and I don't think majority of gamers even know or care about meta. It's Halo, you're either interested in it or not.

And it's ONE OF THOSE GAMES that separate X1 from PS4. Not the only one.

Around the Network

Sometimes I forget how disconnected I am from the average consumer. Yeah, they don't really care about any of that stuff. It's Halo, and they are going to buy it.

What are the other games that separate it from the PS4?

I'm planning to buy PS4 next year. Just wanted to play a few more games on my PS3 such as the upcoming rpg games. Like Tales of Zeristria that just recently released, Tales of Berseria that will be released next month, Star Ocean Integrity and Faithfulness on February 2016, and lastly, probably the last game I'll play on my PS3, Persona 5 this summer 2016. :)

Games I plan to play on PS4 are Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Dragon Quest Heroes, Nier Automata and so on.