By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Should You Buy This Holiday? 2015 Edition

Faelco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ali_16x said:

To add to what cerebralbore just said about early 2016. 

If a person buys a PS4 this holiday, they will have Bloodborne, infamous, Until Dawn, Tearaway, Uncharted Collection, Last of Us Remastered, Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and many more quality games. Now do you think they will only buy it for the exclusives? No, they'll also buy multiplats and by the time Q1 2016 comes, they probably haven't finished half of the games they intended too buy and by Q1 2016 PS4 will Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank. It's not a hard choice.

All games have launch dates, but not everyone knows about the non AAA titles. Its the AAA ones that they focus on and generates hype. The XBox One will have more AAA exclusives ontop of third party exclusives. 2015 is done and finished. Fourth quarter isnt Sony's by a long shot and just like they lost November and december, they will lose more than that this year since Halo preorders are coming in preparation for October 27. See...biased people cant even go in depth because they are just listing games rather than being socially aware of what games attract mass audiences.

No one ever remembers that the first Halo of every generation tends to be a pretty big console seller. You will see a spike in Xbox One sales based on that alone in 2015.

-The Xbox One has backwards compatibility coming.

-The Xbox One has Forza coming (But I guess you're still waiting forever for GT...instead of enjoying two great racing franchies)

-The Xbox One has Rise of the Tomb Raider coming (And Playstation gamers cannot touch it for a year). The hype for that games launch of Playstation will be nil.

-Halo is dropping and that will be all she wrote for the fourth quarter to be owned by Microsoft.

I've already finished most of those games and truthfully, I can say the newest Infamous was the worst of the lot. It lost all connection of the glory that was infamous. The gameplay isnt even as engaging at one and two. Killzone Shadowfall....people are better off just playing Wolfenstein. I played both...trust me on this...same premise, except one is not a rip on history. Sunset Overdrive was a breath of fresh air and Titanfall was great while it lasted even though I maintain it should've had a story. Killer Instinct, personally is the best fighter on the market (yes, even with MK out). Knack....yeah...lets forget that game. Until Dawn? Really? Thats a rental. Ratchet and Clank is nice, but the Xbox has the Gears remake with far more replay value. Street FIghter is coming and Sony will finally have their equalizer against Microsoft for fighters but thats next year.

Sony has no answer to Microsoft in fourth quarter and when the hype starts, I suggest you prepare yourself to wonder why.

You want to list Playstation exclusives that can whet peoples palette, but so can I with the Xbox One. 

Except that Sony won last november and december. And october, september... Let's make it faster, the PS4 won every month in the last year. Surely before that also, but I didn't check that. 

So you can have fun and say anything about "the greatest line up in Xbox history" and how sure the Xbox victory is, but the numbers disagree. The Xbox lost the 4th quarter last year when the PS4 already had "no gamz" against the awesome Halo MCC, Forza and Sunset Overdrive, and it will surely lose again this year with Halo, Forza and Tomb Raider. And it will lose next year with Halo Wars, Forza and Gears. And... Well, you get it ^^.

I'm not even going to talk again about the games and PS4 bundles that will sell like hotcakes, it's obvious and useless. 

He meant globally in the US, its always about US when we talk about how awesome xbox1 will sell.  WW sales dont count for xbox especiaa.lly in the holidays.

Around the Network

I have owned all three and my usage goes as follows. Wii-U>>>>>>>>PS4>>>>Xbox One. I really can't believe that my Wii-U has gotten more play time but yeah, it's the truth. I think the PS4 and Xbox One are great, but they both feel like PS3 and 360's with more ram and slightly prettier graphics. Wii-U on the other hand, I mean... take Splatoon for instance. What other game feels like Splatoon? It's totally fresh and THAT'S what I expected from PS4 and Xbox One.

Maybe it's because I've been gaming since the early 80's but I really feel burnt out with the same old same old thing that Sony and Microsoft are doing.

Xbox One is clearly the console to buy this holiday. Strong lineup should boost its sales in Europe and I'd expect it to win NPD. I already have it tho so PS4 would be my choice but it doesn't offer enough interesting games for me yet and I don't have time for two consoles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So you're suggesting that a person who had the option to buy three top notch games with (two with replay value) should opt for the console with one top notch game with no replay value? I am not even adding Gears of War as I am playing it right now and the 60fps multiplayer is awesome. It definitely encourages friendly co-op with friends.

If Bloodborne is anything like Dark Souls, it is brimming with replay value. Persona 5, and SFV will close the gap by early next year. After that it will be three quality exclusives vs two quality exclusives. Unless we want to be shortsighted, the PS4 is the clear winner.

Thats nextyear. This post is about this year. Anyone with half a brain who is objective knows the Xbox One has the holiday. Playstation will own first quarter next year for sure, pending Quantum Break isn't a hit. Sony won 2015 in sales, but not top tier exclusives. Bloodborne was it and I don't even really know when Persona is dropping, but it will and I am sure the JRPG gamers will like that. It wont be something the mass audience is clamoring for though.

The question posed by OP was "Which console should you buy this holiday?", not "Which console will sell the most units this holiday season?", and definately not, "Which console has the most exclusives this holiday season?". Changing the topic to either of those questions is just a red herring. And in response to OP's question, I say, "You should buy the PS4 this holiday season, because in the long run it will have more exclusives, and more third party support."

Sony didn't win 2015 in top teir exclusives? Hmmmm. Let me check... Here's Microsoft's year. And Here's Sony's.

Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So you're suggesting that a person who had the option to buy three top notch games with (two with replay value) should opt for the console with one top notch game with no replay value? I am not even adding Gears of War as I am playing it right now and the 60fps multiplayer is awesome. It definitely encourages friendly co-op with friends.

If Bloodborne is anything like Dark Souls, it is brimming with replay value. Persona 5, and SFV will close the gap by early next year. After that it will be three quality exclusives vs two quality exclusives. Unless we want to be shortsighted, the PS4 is the clear winner.

Thats nextyear. This post is about this year. Anyone with half a brain who is objective knows the Xbox One has the holiday. Playstation will own first quarter next year for sure, pending Quantum Break isn't a hit. Sony won 2015 in sales, but not top tier exclusives. Bloodborne was it and I don't even really know when Persona is dropping, but it will and I am sure the JRPG gamers will like that. It wont be something the mass audience is clamoring for though.

The question posed by OP was "Which console should you buy this holiday?", not "Which console will sell the most units this holiday season?", and definately not, "Which console has the most exclusives this holiday season?". Changing the topic to either of those questions is just a red herring. And in response to OP's question, I say, "You should buy the PS4 this holiday season, because in the long run it will have more exclusives, and more third party support."

Sony didn't win 2015 in top teir exclusives? Hmmmm. Let me check... Here's Microsoft's year. And Here's Sony's.

I already have both. I am just saying where the hype is going to be in fourth quarter is the xbox.

Let me pose a question to you. What games do sony have in 4th quarter to go up against halo by itself? Forget tomb raider, forget forza, fable legends and the rest. I am giving you a one game handicap and you better have a good answer.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I already have both. I am just saying where the hype is going to be in fourth quarter is the xbox.

Let me pose a question to you. What games do sony have in 4th quarter to go up against halo by itself? Forget tomb raider, forget forza, fable legends and the rest. I am giving you a one game handicap and you better have a good answer.

Jonny has one sickly old cow for sale. It will die soon.

Jim has three newborn calves. One of them is male, and the other two are female. None of the three calves are related.

The sickly old cow costs $1,000. You can also buy all three calves for $1000. You already have a field to let either purchase graze on.

The sickly cow has two working utters.

Jonny's argument for purchasing the sickly old cow. "Let me pose a question to you. What utters do those calves have to go up against just one of my cow's utters? Forget the other utter! I'm giving Jim a handicap. Jim had better have a good answer!"

Jim's argument for purchasing the three calves. "The sickly old cow will die within the next year. Any milk you get from her this summer will be all the milk you ever get. The calves will be ready to produce milk within the next year. They will mate with each other and produce more calves, which will produce more milk. In the long  run you stand to gain the most by buying my calves."

Parable fun time is over. S.T.A.G.E., which purchase would you make, based on the arguments made by the two cow salesmen?

I was thinking about getting a WiiU but tbh I can play all these Mario games on my Wii and the pokemon games on cosoles are bad so I've decided to get a Vita, it's quite cheap here and it will be nice to carry it around since I am out of my house for most of the day.

I already have all the consoles I want. Wii U for Smash and Zelda, PS4 for the rest. Halo is over, anything past 3 is Microsoft just reanimating a dead horse for money. Even Bungie has moved on, so why shouldn't I?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
I already have all the consoles I want. Wii U for Smash and Zelda, PS4 for the rest. Halo is over, anything past 3 is Microsoft just reanimating a dead horse for money. Even Bungie has moved on, so why shouldn't I?

Actually, I hated the Halo story under Bungie. Under 343 its becoming more fleshed out and has more meaning and value. The Librarian, Chief and Cortana and the hunt for Chief. Its all starting to actually make sense now. I think Destiny has proven that Bungie sucks at story telling, but their knack for putting together a well balanced game is still great.

Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If only games like MGSV or Witcher 3 were available on Xbox.  Oh well.  A man can dream, can't he?