By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

KiigelHeart said:
Omg are you guys just kidding around or are you seriously thinkin spencer made that comment to stop people from buying ps4? 😁 get real, last npd was close, they have all the reason to be confident with their product and lineup and I'll guarantee he's not sitting in his office looking at amazon charts.

It was close because it was August and most people were waiting for the Destiny budle while MS gave away TVs with the X1 along with other bundles.Close don't cut it though and PS4 will slaughter X1 this month.

Around the Network

Forza don't have brand like GT

Aura7541 said:
Madword said:

Problem is they had such crazy deals last year anyone wanting to buy an XBO would probably wait, and I think thats the problem in doing a firesale and then putting it back up. Phil is probably trying to get people to think the same will happen with PS4.

Cutting the XBO's price by another $50 is dangerous because MS just did that last year. The last thing you want to do is to condition consumers to expect an annual price cut. In addition, last year the XBO went from a $399 to $349 with two games, which was further reduced to $329 on Black Friday. That is a huge jump in value and a jump that will be difficult to match, even if you do cut the price.

You bring up a good point.  I know folks who want an Xbox One but wont buy it because they are expecting Microsoft to basically give it away again.  So in 2 months the actually preceived value of the Xbox One fell and it tookk them 6 months to figure out a way to get another $399 SKU out there.  Sony on the other hand has trained the public to accept its price as fair and in doing so has managed to increase demand... which in an of itself is incredible.   I highly doubt that they will sell what they did last year so lowering the price again will only result in one conclusion... lower revenue. 

Thought the Battlefront bundle would go out of stock before going below thirty.

celador said:

Maybe Sony are taking a "We'll supply everything that is preordered" approach.

Around the Network
celador said:

Isn't it like 2 months till it releases? I'm sure more ppl want a consolen ow rather than waiting two months for that bundle. There's Destiny now and the unchartedb bundle next month. After those are out of the way, the star wars bundle will be back. 

Frankly im more shocked at the halo 5 bundle. It launches in less than a month and is currently around #185 on the best sellers chart. Maybe $500 isn't something many ppl are willing to spend. 

I assumed the Halo bundle was out of stock the whole time, and that was why it wasn't showing up. Didn't realise it was just doing badly.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
celador said:

Isn't it like 2 months till it releases? I'm sure more ppl want a consolen ow rather than waiting two months for that bundle. There's Destiny now and the unchartedb bundle next month. After those are out of the way, the star wars bundle will be back. 

I'm sure it will be back in the high numbers at some point, just surprised that it is that low and that it is still in stock.

As for the Uncharted bundle,  as it is I expect it to do badly. As of right now it's value is poor compared to the Destiny bundle. For the same price you can get two brand new games and a special edition console. Sony should add Batman to it or something.

celador said:

I'm sure it will be back in the high numbers at some point, just surprised that it is that low and that it is still in stock.

As for the Uncharted bundle,  as it is I expect it to do badly. As of right now it's value is poor compared to the Destiny bundle. For the same price you can get two brand new games and a special edition console. Sony should add Batman to it or something.

Yeah, once Destiny is out of the way I'm sure Sony will make that bundle more attractive. Ironically, they may add Destiny to that bundle.

The PS5 Exists. 

celador said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MGSV copy included with the Destiny bundle just an Amazon promotion and not a Sony thing?