By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

AllThosePixels said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Isn't it like 2 months till it releases? I'm sure more ppl want a consolen ow rather than waiting two months for that bundle. There's Destiny now and the unchartedb bundle next month. After those are out of the way, the star wars bundle will be back. 

Frankly im more shocked at the halo 5 bundle. It launches in less than a month and is currently around #185 on the best sellers chart. Maybe $500 isn't something many ppl are willing to spend. 

IIRC once the Halo 5 bundle was announced at Gamescom it was in the top 10 for almost a straight week. It definitely was a while before it started dipping. It won't gain interest until shortly before release. I did think it would be more popular though.

I think halo 5 alone cant atract peoples interst all that much, after all, we just got a full 4 halo games remastered last year, given away for free with every xbox this year. I where to asume most halo fans probably jumped in by now. And for thouse that are not halo fans, halo cant compete with what the ps4 has this holliday and it already brought early in the year. I thin MS are not going to try that hard this year with the bundles, cuz they know they will loose anyways and it will look really bad if they go all out this year again for them to loose. Its best if they say we lost cuz we dint try and make aprofit this year, after all the bundling and deals they have done, they could use some profits.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Still no official confirmation regarding the CoD bundle, disappointing.

Monthly has been updated.

celador said:
Thought the Battlefront bundle would go out of stock before going below thirty.

If you look at who the PS4 has been operating, future bundle don't stop the demand that exists here and now.  Which is amazing.

GribbleGrunger said:

I'm sure I saw that posted on this site earlier today.

edit: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208418&page=1#9

Yeah, I realised it was all over the place after I posted... I'm slow as fuuuuu.... :P

Around the Network

I will be getting that controller since they are selling it separately. Microsoft going to have to do some insane deals if they want to dominate NPD like last year. 

binary solo said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

Not to mention Aura-San that, upon doing so, more than likely they will lose money for each Xbox sold even more so. Personally, I believe Microsoft should ride this holiday out looking more so for profitability instead of sales leads. 10 million is too much to make up for; doubly so since Sony's 2016 line-up is stacked.

But they're not looking to make up 12 million. They have written off the rest of the world and their only real goal is to win in the USA and maybe the UK, which continuing to sell better than dismally everywhere else other than Japan. So they only need to make up ~900K in the USA and ~400K in the UK. They know they can't do that with price parity. And any bundle MS can do Sony can do at least equally well, or better. Bundling isn't going to help them. If it's not $299 this year is will definitely be $250 next year.

I understand and agree Binary-San. However, I think you may have misunderstood what I was getting at.

You are right; the world is lost for Microsoft. Japan has almost never shown any interest in the Xbox brand; doubly so for this generation (I believe this could be Xbox's worst outing ever) and Europe is too heavily favored towards Sony. For North America and the United Kingdom, it is as you stated, winning both is important now at this point in time. Bundling does not appear to be the answer since 3rd parties seem to hover more towards Sony's side. Add their 2016 AAA line-up and that presents another set of issues for Microsoft to solve all-together.

My biggest point however was dropping the price may be disastorous. Upon doing such, Microsoft most likely will lose money on the Xbox One in a bloody and costly price war in an effort to win back both North America and the United Kingdom. My suggestion was that Microsoft should think profit and live to fight another day.

Either way, I appreciate your added thoughts! Much appreciated!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

And Sony has just summered a new bundle to the field.

Those ps4 LE are so sweet, I almost regret getting mine last black friday...almost.

Wow the bo3 bundle looks nice.