By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well considering Forza horizon 2 was an arcade racer last year and it didn't chart on npd, I don't see Forza 6 making npd either, especially since SIM racers are supposedly less popular.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Anyone else shocked at Forza 6's plunge? It's barely been out 5 days and already heading out of the top 50!.

I thought the franchise was more popular than that? Or maybe it's just series fatigue setting in? Either way, I didn't think it would fall that fast.

I think MS is actually messing up with Forza by making it a yearly franchise.  It was a franchise that grew to start selling ~4M-5M each version, but has now become a franchise selling ~1M-2M.  And I think it will start to stick in that lower end, ~1M,  if they continue the yearly crap.  Racers, especially ones that are more sim than arcade, don't warrant that kind of schedule. 

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see GT7 outsell all the Forza's released on XBO combined, so far,  when it launches.

If I am not mistaken, forza 3 and 4 were never big to begin with.  They reached 3-4m by mass bundling after falling off the chartz.  Unless the same happen to forza 6, I doubt it will sell more than forza 5.  It doesnt matter if it is better,there are more racing games options now compare to what forza 5 had to compete with. 

Mario Maker has sold more than MGS5? That doesn't seem right.

BraLoD said:

Hourly:

#7 PS4 Destiny
#23 PS4 Battlefront
#30 PS4 TLOU
#51 XBO Forza
#68 Wii U 3D World
#94 XBO Madden
#100 XBO Gears

#7 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#22 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#30 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#46 XB1 Forza Bundle (dropped 5 places)
#68 WiiU Deluxe
#87 XB1 Madden Bundle (dropped 7 places)
#94 XB1 Gears Bundle (dropped 6 places)

This is from just under two hours ago. It seems the XB1 bundles are slipping fast.

The PS5 Exists. 

Who annualizes racers? Forza is a quality series that's getting pelted by brand overexposure. Horizon and Motorsport don't need to leapfrog each other like CoD games.

Around the Network

Destiny Bundle has jumped to #5. Looks like the added MGSV has already had an effect.

Selling this LE console + the full Destiny Game + all extra incl TTK + MGSV at $399 means it is simply not possible for Sony to ever return to selling just the PS4 for $399. Even selling the plain PS4 for $350 is a rip off compared to this. However if Sony officially drops the base price, but keeps all bundles at $399 then just buying a PS4 and using the "saved" $50 to buy some older games makes it worth doing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Destiny Bundle has jumped to #5. Looks like the added MGSV has already had an effect.

Selling this LE console + the full Destiny Game + all extra incl TTK + MGSV at $399 means it is simply not possible for Sony to ever return to selling just the PS4 for $399. Even selling the plain PS4 for $350 is a rip off compared to this. However if Sony officially drops the base price, but keeps all bundles at $399 then just buying a PS4 and using the "saved" $50 to buy some older games makes it worth doing.

Are you sure that's the bundle with MGSV added? I can't see it mentioned anywhere in the discription.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

Hourly:

#7 PS4 Destiny
#23 PS4 Battlefront
#30 PS4 TLOU
#51 XBO Forza
#68 Wii U 3D World
#94 XBO Madden
#100 XBO Gears

#7 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#22 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#30 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#46 XB1 Forza Bundle (dropped 5 places)
#68 WiiU Deluxe
#87 XB1 Madden Bundle (dropped 7 places)
#94 XB1 Gears Bundle (dropped 6 places)

This is from just under two hours ago. It seems the XB1 bundles are slipping fast.

Did the price drop comment backfire?

Ali_16x said:
Wow Forza 6 is bombing isn't it? It'll be very interesting too see September NPD.

Forza was never a bigger seller to begin.

So it is not bombing.

Omg are you guys just kidding around or are you seriously thinkin spencer made that comment to stop people from buying ps4? 😁 get real, last npd was close, they have all the reason to be confident with their product and lineup and I'll guarantee he's not sitting in his office looking at amazon charts.