By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo patents an achievement system, along with in game recording

Finally!!!

Around the Network

Achievements are gamer crack once you pop them your addicted, That alone should boost sales.

Meh. I guess I'm glad that it has some people excited, but I can't think of anything more pointless.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

slab_of_bacon said:
AZWification said:

I guess it would be  much better if Nintendo wouldn't even bother with achievements, right? =)

I, for one, do not want a a little pat on the back every time I do something in a game.  I have a feeling that this patent will be used to tie people into their mobile gaming.  I feel kind of relieved now thinking about it.

I don't care too much about achievements either, but they are pretty much necessary nowadays.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
slab_of_bacon said:
AZWification said:

I guess it would be  much better if Nintendo wouldn't even bother with achievements, right? =)

I, for one, do not want a a little pat on the back every time I do something in a game.  I have a feeling that this patent will be used to tie people into their mobile gaming.  I feel kind of relieved now thinking about it.

I don't care too much about achievements either, but they are pretty much necessary nowadays.

Achievements are completely unnecessary.  I get it that there are those who like them, but actually getting things done in the game are their own measure of success.  These scores add up to some sum on your console and what does that number compare to?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I guess I'm one of the few that really can take or leave achievements. I like deciding for myself what gameplay experiences are really worth pushing for rather than prioritize by gamer points.

I remember scoring oodles of gamer points just by playing Kinect Adventures for a few hours -- just as many if not more than as several dozen hours in Minecraft or Skyrim.

I'll welcome the system if it does arrive, but won't be too let down if it doesn't. If they do it, I hope it has some kind of meaningful Miiverse link.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Yay! I love achievements and always wanted Nintendo to have them in their games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hasn't this been done already? I swear I've heard about this idea before.

Also, not innovative enough to grant a patent for. I seriously dislike the US patent system.

tbh, I never put attention to this and doubt I'll care.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile