By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo patents an achievement system, along with in game recording

I've almost got 150,000 points on xbox and 36 platinums on playstation so i'd be very happy if nintendo jumped on board with some achievement programme. Achievements motivate me to 100% alot of games. I beat silent hill 2 hd eight times so i could get the platinum lol.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
:o

First good thing I've heard about the NX since the announcement. Hope it actually happens!

Literally everything we've heard about it so far has sounded good to me.

That's very smart. I still don't give a shit about achievements, but this is a really great idea for people who do. Maybe this could even turn me. Probably not, though.

Captain_Yuri said:

I still like stickers better since u can use them part of ur art for miiverse. I just don't like how you have to load the game up in order to use them so... I hope that the stickers thing will still be a thing but just make them usable without loading up the game

The game recording is cool though

This is also a really good idea.

I think this will happen on wii u this year with the DeNA deal.

Around the Network

That's just crazy. It will never work.

they are stealing sony. PS4 takes a picture of each trophy moment

Finally...

but I really hope they have a better in game screenshot than resorting to Miiverse to get screenshots :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Sharing the moment could be cool I suppose, but...meh, unless we're getting something interesting like a trophy room and achievements that unlock useable/decorative items for the room/OS/menus/whatever they might as well not bother as far as I'm concerned. And if Nintendo absolutely have to implement a boring system then it should be like Steam's system.
I also want achievements that are in fact achievements, not "achievements" that treats me like a retard by rewarding me with medals for finishing Chapter 1. Achievements shouldn't be easy to achieve, that's why they're achievements, that's the damn point! T_T

Ruler said:

they are stealing sony. PS4 takes a picture of each trophy moment

Can be done on xbox.