By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo patents an achievement system, along with in game recording

I still like stickers better since u can use them part of ur art for miiverse. I just don't like how you have to load the game up in order to use them so... I hope that the stickers thing will still be a thing but just make them usable without loading up the game

The game recording is cool though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Itshappening.jpg

Interesting.

I'd love an achievement system with Nintendo games

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I look forward to this! Stuff like this will be good when NX launches. I think it could have helped Wii U, but as long as it happens in NX then its enough.

Awesome! Can't wait to get an achievement after getting an achievement notice for an achievement in Smash Bros!

Around the Network

Sounds awesome for those who want it.
Achievements/trophies never really stuck with me as things I would want to collect, even though I'm no stranger to wanting to collect everything a game as to offer.

THANK YOU! I've been waiting for Nintendo to do something like this. You know...trophies/achievements/ or stars...coins? ;p I'm excited!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nintendo's on a patent roll. I hope they keep it up, I wanna know more. Hopefully this is a shared system between all future platforms.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:

Nintendo's on a patent roll. I hope they keep it up, I wanna know more. Hopefully this is a shared system between all future platforms.

They're tired of getting sued for stupid crap.  LOL I don't blame them.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Wow Nintendo actually taking pointers and ideas from their competition instead of trying to reinvent everything... Glad they decided to join the 21st century.