By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Yes, I would care 108 39.85%

I wouldn't mind 93 34.32%

It would bother me a little 58 21.40%

I don't care because I w... 12 4.43%

Total:271

Don't really care that much and don't expect it. NX is the start of a new hardware lineage IMO.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

CDs might not be worth much but vinyl records are still collectables.  So are any past generation video games (especially the good / rare ones).  Video games are collectables and will remain so in the future.  A video game code or NFC game card like you are suggesting will not of course.

When I said worthless, I meant in function. Absolutely vinyl/past generation games can hold a value. But it's purely a collactible and novelty value. It's vunctional value is diminished as there are more practical ways of playing and listening surface aka digital media.

Please have retail bc

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

The only backward compatibility it will have is the Nintendo logo somewhere.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

No, because I would like the Gamepad to be optional for the next homeconsole.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Not really! I'm not getting rid of my WiiU anytime soon so I wouldn't really have a reason to care.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

pointless to have it when wii u has a gamepad and the nx needs to make it easier and cheaper for devs to port form ps4.

I'm expecting digital content to be fully Backwards Compatible (BC) and linked to our NNIDs (I expected it this gen with VC and WW). They can re-build a few digital titles to run on the new hardware like it is done on the PS4 or the digital BC performed by the XboxOne (PowerPC-to-x86). This promotes digital collections, and gives reasurance to buy more digital content.

Physical depends on what the NX is, I don't expect the WiiU discs to be compatible since I'd like the next generation to go return to carts (no noisy spinning optical drive). Now these cartridges could be like the 3DS if they want to maintain that BC, but if they want to try a new format then 3DS BC is out.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

nope. Backward compatibility is so yesteryeard

I would like BC, but if they manage to create a powerful enough system, software based BC may be an option.