By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Yes, I would care 108 39.85%

I wouldn't mind 93 34.32%

It would bother me a little 58 21.40%

I don't care because I w... 12 4.43%

Total:271
Cobretti2 said:
pointless to have it when wii u has a gamepad and the nx needs to make it easier and cheaper for devs to port form ps4.

I'm actually playing my Wii U more lately after finally getting a Wii U Pro controller.  Sure I could have used my trusty classic controller pro or Wiimote + nunchuck but I am impressed so far with the Wii U Pro controller.  Gamepad is alright but it is almost a little too spread out for my taste. 

Around the Network

it would be nice to have,since I plan on getting this as my last

I love the backwards compatibility on Nintendos Systems.

That being said, NX won't have it because Nintendo has to completly change it's internal architecture compared to it's predecessor, making BC impossible. NX might emulate Wii U games depending on it's hardware, but that would be about it (and they would become part of the VC then, anyway)

Depends on the price. I don't need BC and an optical drive if the price is 150 or below.

Cobretti2 said:
pointless to have it when wii u has a gamepad and the nx needs to make it easier and cheaper for devs to port form ps4.

Who wants Playstation 4 games on the next Nintendo console?  I'm sure developers will be happy with the NX platform architecture but can't imagine Sony letting go of any exclusives.  Nintendo is going to be more like Steam where games are linked to your account and you can put them on your new Nintendo handheld or your new Nintendo console.  Speaking of which, the next Nintendo console will have gamepad support but probably won't require them to use it.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

It would be cool if they had Wii backwards compatibility as well. I still play more Wii than Wii U.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I hope they just ditch the GCN/Wii/Wii U architecture. It's dated and it needs to go. Start fresh for crying out loud, no wonder you have a console that's still expensive because you're using ancient architectures (PowerPC) that no one else uses anymore. You'll never get a good price on components if this is your strategy.

Ka-pi96 said:
slab_of_bacon said:
Cobretti2 said:

Who wants Playstation 4 games on the next Nintendo console?  I'm sure developers will be happy with the NX platform architecture but can't imagine Sony letting go of any exclusives.  Nintendo is going to be more like Steam where games are linked to your account and you can put them on your new Nintendo handheld or your new Nintendo console.  Speaking of which, the next Nintendo console will have gamepad support but probably won't require them to use it.  

He's talking about being able to port multiplat games from PS4, not exclusives. And I can assure you there are a fair few people who want good 3rd party multiplat ports on Nintendo consoles.

Yep that is exactly what I want. And the main driver behind it is not so much that I won't buy a playsation for their exclusives, it is since I was young I started on NES and have been builindg my gaming cllectiosn based on games on Nintendo's systems. I rather buy a multiplatform game on Nintendo to keep that collection growing. Also since Nintendo always sell less their game prices hold better value lol.

Ka-pi96 said:
slab_of_bacon said:
Cobretti2 said:

He's talking about being able to port multiplat games from PS4, not exclusives. And I can assure you there are a fair few people who want good 3rd party multiplat ports on Nintendo consoles.

When one specifies a particular console, it suggests their exclusives. 

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
Ka-pi96 said:
slab_of_bacon said:
Cobretti2 said:

When one specifies a particular console, it suggests their exclusives. 

No it doesn't. PS4 is the lead platform that gets the least buggy version so why would anyone want ports from xbox one?