By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Would you care if NX didn't have physical backwards compatibility?

Yes, I would care 108 39.85%

I wouldn't mind 93 34.32%

It would bother me a little 58 21.40%

I don't care because I w... 12 4.43%

Total:271

EDIT: wrong post quote - message removed!!

-----

hentai_11 said:

I don't need BC, so I don't care. However if they really decide to drop physical BC and still support digital BC I will laugh really hard at the "retail master race".

That would be funny indeed :D

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Seems kinda unlikely given the need for the gamepad.
Although I guess they could just have it so the Wii U gamepad works with it. They could probably then make good money by selling gamepads at a good price for non Wii U owners.

I don't need BC, so I don't care. However if they really decide to drop physical BC and still support digital BC I will laugh really hard at the "retail master race".

I would be sad but I wouldn't mind.

Cobretti2 said:
slab_of_bacon said:

When one specifies a particular console, it suggests their exclusives. 

No it doesn't. PS4 is the lead platform that gets the least buggy version so why would anyone want ports from xbox one?

I think when someone says Playstation 4 games, that infers that these games aren't Xbox or Nintendo games and hence exclusive.  Besides... PC ports are better anyways.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

I hope there won't be backwards compatibility. Since I keep all my old consoles, I have no use for it.
Instead of "wasting" money on BC, they can make the hardware like 20% more powerful.