By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Microsoft win this generation?

No, as much as I like MS and the 360, the battle is really betweeen it and the PS3, the Wii already won this gen. They need to focus on what they do best: Hardcore Gaming.

Around the Network
regin2005 said:
Who the hell is responsible for creating such a pointless thread!!

(Looks at original post...)

*sigh*

Why do you believe the thread is pointless?

mM

@Leo: This is your thread, people are responding to you and you only seem to respond to the person who says this thread is dead. Have you nothing to say on this topic beyond what you said in your opening post?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Magnific0 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Magnific0 said:

What's exactly winning?

Making a lot of profit over investment compared to the competition?

Winning more market share compared to the gain of competitors in this generation?

I'd say YES to both questions above.

Can Microsoft really win on any of those?

The answer is between not likely and No.

You think Microsoft gaming division, who also counts Zunes profits, but doesn't count last years 1 billion dollar loss to the RRoD, is gonna be more profitable than Nintendo?

You realize that MS "Profit" last year was due to Halo 3's vast success and it being a "first party" game, right?

Now come on, do you actually believe that MS will make more profit this year, with HD-DVD 's death, and the price drops, than Nintendo will, with the DS and the Wii, per investment dollar in its gaming division?

Cold day in hell, I'd say. Nintendo always makes a profit, and when times are good, they pretty much rake it in.

As far as "winning more market share" are you kidding?

The 360 vs the original Xbox, compared to the Wii verses the Gamecube?

No, my friend, the Xbox is not the top dog in either of the categories you've outlined. You should have known that.

I read the bolded statement and looked over the rest. I must've misunderstood you. No need to smoke crack and go into a bashing Zenfoldor competition.

Seeing as how what I thought you meant was so freakin' stupid, you can't blame me for jumping at the chance to disprove it.

What you actually said was spot on though, for once. I'm sorry if you were offended by my mistake.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Qly said:
I find it funny how xbox fanboys are trying to redefine the meaning of winning, just as nintendo fanboys did in the last generation
Winning is of course selling more machines, who is stupid enough to ask that question?
that being said you can still enjoy a loser console (fuck there were some great games for dreamcast...)
Hardware doesn't sell machines (look at wii and ds), software doesn't sell machines (poor dreamcast), you know what sells machines? HYPE
when you get a machine on the news so your grandpa sees it while he's watching larry f%$&* king that sells machines, when the dumb chics at fox news say they have a great time, that sells machines
Nobody has the recipe for hype... but nintendo nailed it on this generation, make your peace with that...

People tend to get what their friends have/say is good. Could you please stop being a fanboy?

Tease.

Around the Network

No. Microsoft had a chance but blew it with shoddy hardware.. even if they are freely replacing 360s, who wants to buy a system that will just fritz out eventually? They will be lucky to pull off a second place finish in the US and Canada or maybe even the Uk but it will be a distant third everywhere else.

Squilliam said:
Qly said:
I find it funny how xbox fanboys are trying to redefine the meaning of winning, just as nintendo fanboys did in the last generation
Winning is of course selling more machines, who is stupid enough to ask that question?
that being said you can still enjoy a loser console (fuck there were some great games for dreamcast...)
Hardware doesn't sell machines (look at wii and ds), software doesn't sell machines (poor dreamcast), you know what sells machines? HYPE
when you get a machine on the news so your grandpa sees it while he's watching larry f%$&* king that sells machines, when the dumb chics at fox news say they have a great time, that sells machines
Nobody has the recipe for hype... but nintendo nailed it on this generation, make your peace with that...

People tend to get what their friends have/say is good. Could you please stop being a fanboy?

Fanboy? i don't even own a fucking wii, frankly i don't have much money (living abroad, f*&^ing expensive europe) so I stick to my beloved ps2 for the moment

Go read some other posts i've made, some of them bash wii developpers, some ridiculize ps3 efforts but mostly i bash Halo

If i'm a fanboy then i don't know how to describe some people here

What I stated is a fact, wii outsells the other machines, I find it kinda hard to believe, but it does, perhaps it is because the average buyer is not an average gamer, he does not expect graphics to look like crysis, he does not care if his machine could break the CIA's cypher, all he wants is some dumb fun

Now i don't know if this is good or bad forus gamers, of course nintendo 1st and 2nd party games are actually ok, but most 3rd party developer titles are absolute and utter crap (capcom "may" be spared) PS360 games have much more depth, but perhaps ew gamers are not into that kind of stuff

You are not alone in the world, learn to live with that

Oh, and what does winning mean? seriously, who the fuck asks that?

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.