By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Microsoft win this generation?

LOL... Leo-j's back with his old antics.

Around the Network

i don't think so maby a close second to ps3 or wii

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I don't see anyway they can "win." The lack of support from Japan hurts them worldwide and the RRoD fiasco isn't helping. However, they've gotten better Japanese support this generation(at least from developers if not consumers), and are being taken much more seriously than with the first Xbox. So even though I don't think they have a chance at being first, they should end the generation in a much better position than they started it.

Username2324 said:

If you look into it, you'd find the 360's "awesome, mind combawbiling, magnificent" library does not exist in Japan, and that my friend is why it is a failure there.

I'm not completely sure what you mean. I'm not here to argue if the 360 can or will win, but I'm just wondering what you mean. That the 360 games that are out aren't considered good in Japan or if you think the library itself in Japan isn't as diverse and is poor and that the good games aren't out in Japan. As for the stores I've been in here in Japan, It looks like the 360 still has about the same number of games or in some stores a little more as the PS3, but they arrange them differently, so that if the PS3 takes up 3 block areas the 360 only takes up 1-2, but the 360 still manages to have more games available. It just appears smaller.

Now if you want to talk about the image in Japan, I know I posted about that somewhere before. How many people still think of it as only a FPS system, but I can usually name a few games that they would find interesting on the system, but they just didn't know about those games or didn't really think about them.

Yes, Microsoft Acucally Have A Very Good Chance Of Winning This Generation

Around the Network

I find it funny how xbox fanboys are trying to redefine the meaning of winning, just as nintendo fanboys did in the last generation
Winning is of course selling more machines, who is stupid enough to ask that question?
that being said you can still enjoy a loser console (fuck there were some great games for dreamcast...)
Hardware doesn't sell machines (look at wii and ds), software doesn't sell machines (poor dreamcast), you know what sells machines? HYPE
when you get a machine on the news so your grandpa sees it while he's watching larry f%$&* king that sells machines, when the dumb chics at fox news say they have a great time, that sells machines
Nobody has the recipe for hype... but nintendo nailed it on this generation, make your peace with that...

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

no, microsoft can't win this gen because it is too late now, and it must do very well in USA and others because Japan is lost for them

japan can su-............ well actually it seems pretty nice there.

actually qly, winning just means making a profit and getting great games out the door, is microsoft in the hole? YES. Do they have the best games line-up possibly ever? PROBABLY. And are they making a profit now? YES.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

leo-j said:
I think if microsoft manages to snag a top of the line PS3 final fantasy title the tides may change over in japan in favor of the cheaper Xbox 360. Also, since its already near wii's price in both north america, and OTHERS, the 360 just needs more of those exclsuive top of the line games to really bounce back to first place.

I just dont know why OTHERS keeps rejecting the Xbox 360.

Europe's market mostly consists of more "casual" gamers.  They enjoy soccer games, party games and stuff like that.  They aren't big on FPS games, which is what hurts MS the most in Europe.  Also, in the states the name Microsoft is somewhat respected, in Europe Sony is a much more respected name. 

In Europe you have very small houses compared to North America, you pay a lot more taxes (less money to spend on Live and games) and their free time is mostly spent with friends and family at a pub, cafe or visiting someones home (let's not forget about Cricket and Football).  The Wii is doing well there because it's seen as a party system where families can get together, have a cup of tea and play a bit of bowling or whatever else.  The PS3 is seen as an entertainment device which they can use to show off their brand new flat panel space saving TV's. 

The 360 is very much an American console built around American past times.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Who the hell is responsible for creating such a pointless thread!!

(Looks at original post...)

*sigh*

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY