By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Microsoft win this generation?

As the topic question states, is there a possibilty microsoft can make a comeback with tis top console the Xbox 360 and win this generation?

What are the factors needed for them to pass both the wii and PS3 in world wide sales? I believe they have the games, and the price is great. What else is needed for them to have a chance at winning?

mM
Around the Network

In hardware sales:no.
In software sales:probably?

they won the first year, is that enough

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I foresee a thread entitled "Can Sony win this generation?".

OT: I can see a possibility of MS keeping their lead over Sony, but it seems next to impossible for them to catch up with Wii. I couldn't really tell you how they could fix that.

No hope. Only if Nintendo release a Wii-mote type add on for it and release all their great games for the 360 then maybe but sadly no it's between Sony and Nintendo.

Around the Network

I don't think there's any way they could ... but hey ... there's nothing wrong with that ... they will surpass by a lot the XBox sales and they have great games on the 360 and more to come ... so what if they don't finish first ... people who have a 360 will still be happy :P

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

I think if microsoft manages to snag a top of the line PS3 final fantasy title the tides may change over in japan in favor of the cheaper Xbox 360. Also, since its already near wii's price in both north america, and OTHERS, the 360 just needs more of those exclsuive top of the line games to really bounce back to first place.

I just dont know why OTHERS keeps rejecting the Xbox 360.

mM
psrock said:
they won the first year, is that enoug

The first year by yourself is an achivment. but it was still not the #1 console in its first year good old ps2 was still beating it its first year.

If they somehow got the Pro to a $199 price point and COMPLETELY eliminated RROD, then maybe, but by the time the former happens the Wii will easily be $149 or lower.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

well, it seems to be impossible!! Microsoft may not won... (my opinion)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!