By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Microsoft win this generation?

@ leo-j at this point games cant save the 360 in japan. its already dead there. ITs cheap and nobody still buys it. considering that the 360 already has great games is not the margin where it will need to improve. the damage was done with the RRoD crysis all over the world. If there was no RRod 360 sales in Europe atleast would not have slowed down so dramatically.

Around the Network
grimygunz said:
@ leo-j at this point games cant save the 360 in japan. its already dead there. ITs cheap and nobody still buys it. considering that the 360 already has great games is not the margin where it will need to improve. the damage was done with the RRoD crysis all over the world. If there was no RRod 360 sales in Europe atleast would not have slowed down so dramatically.

Its just very confusing, the japanese market completely rejects the Xbox 360, Id like to know why this is true?

mM

well. i dont think they can, but hey thats just me.

the 360 lineup this year looks pretty weak.

next year i dont even know what games they have.

i see the ps3 lasting longer, and the wii sellign at a steady rate.

Ninty will destroy it in hw and sw.

@leo-j

Very simple reason for that, Japan is extreamly patriotic and considering America destroyed 2 of their cities in WW2 then its quite obvious... Japan hates America and all its products.

OT: I doubt it, the best they can come is joint second with the PS3. If MS can get the X360 sales higher in Japan and Others (Europe/PAL) then yes they can come 2nd but if the sales of the X360 stay at under 10k a week in Japan and 40-50k a week in others then there is no chance when the Wii is selling stupid amounts and the PS3 is selling 70-80k in Others and NA and 15-30k in Japan every week. MS would have to buy out all of the Nintendo Wii factorys to stop Wii's being made and therefor stop them being sold but even then i doubt Japan would buy it and the sales of the Wii in Others and Japan would go to the PS3 instead of the X360.

Simply - No it can't unless a miracle happens and i am talking Bible size miracles.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Haha, what kinda stupid question is that? :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

mitsuhide said:
@leo-j

Very simple reason for that, Japan is extreamly patriotic and considering America destroyed 2 of their cities in WW2 then its quite obvious... Japan hates America and all its products.

OT: I doubt it, the best they can come is joint second with the PS3. If MS can get the X360 sales higher in Japan and Others (Europe/PAL) then yes they can come 2nd but if the sales of the X360 stay at under 10k a week in Japan and 40-50k a week in others then there is no chance when the Wii is selling stupid amounts and the PS3 is selling 70-80k in Others and NA and 15-30k in Japan every week. MS would have to buy out all of the Nintendo Wii factorys to stop Wii's being made and therefor stop them being sold but even then i doubt Japan would buy it and the sales of the Wii in Others and Japan would go to the PS3 instead of the X360.

Simply - No it can't unless a miracle happens and i am talking Bible size miracles.

You fail, Japan likes America and it's products (see Apple's products and how well they treat American tourists as some examples). 

of course not if sony cannot win what makes you think microsoth will.

OP : trick question?

Seriously leo-j, why even ask this unless you just want to hear a chorus of "no"s?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Auron said:
mitsuhide said:
@leo-j

You fail, Japan likes America and it's products (see Apple's products and how well they treat American tourists as some examples).

thats because its all a part of their plan for world domination....

OT: no they cant