By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Microsoft win this generation?

I love my 360 for its games not its sales, it has no chance of beating the Wii and a very slim chance of beating the PS3, but I still think it will be seen as a success in the long run, why ??? Better hardware and software sales than the original Xbox and better 3rd party support, sure the Wii is the big winner but at least Microsoft is doing a decent job of batteling Sony in the HD sector,  I think the 360 will prove than Microsoft is a force to be recond with in the console market and that lots of 3rd parties will ceep supporting it.

You don´t need to win to be a success... 

Around the Network

The more threads you make, Leo-j, the closer 360 will come to winning. Why don't you start making more?

OT: I don't think it will. It will do well enough for a next get x box, but won't win this gen.

I'm back...

mitsuhide said:
Very simple reason for that, Japan is extreamly patriotic and considering America destroyed 2 of their cities in WW2 then its quite obvious... Japan hates America and all its products.

Japan loves America and American products. I lived there for 3 years and besides their women being with them, they love us Americans. "Local Only" bars are everywhere though.

But they LOVE American products. Its so hilarious seeing "gangster" Japanese kids with American jerseys of sports teams they probably have never even heard of.

The reason why Xbox fails in Japan is because Microsoft did a bad job catering to their tastes last generation. That distaste extended into this generation. And while there are a few titles for their tastes, most are simple not.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

no this generation belongs to nintendo

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
I would like to see Mistwalker put out another great title.
If the next FF is as bad as the last one, that may hurt sony a bit in the long run.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy12/review.html?mode=web&tag=hotslot;theysay

If a 9.1 is bad, there are a lot of terrible games out there. 

cwbys21 said:

If a 9.1 is bad, there are a lot of terrible games out there. 

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=811196

if a 4 out of 10 is good then i guess there must be a lot of great games out there.

wasnt that fun ;)

anyways, have you played the game?

it was junk and extremely forgettable. 

ratings dont matter if they only get good ratings because of the title.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'll fight that Bubbles,

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalfantasy12/index.html

97% from a site dedicated to RPG's

and it's a 92% on Metacritic

Boosh!

Whilst remaining profitable, Microsoft cannot win this generation with the Xbox 360.
They could comfortably come second if they act with intelligence and determination.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Torillian said:

was that a joke?  If not, then you missed my point.

Everyone i know believes the game was shit as well.   The only thing decent in the game was graphics.  

the story sucked.  the side quests sucked.  the characters sucked.  the battles sucked.  the audio sucked(mostly).  the ending was atrocious.  no replayability (hard enough forcing yourself though it once).    and so forgetable when someone mentioned the game to me the other day, i couldnt remember one thing about it(other than my sense of disgust with it).... had to go look it up before i remembered why it was so crappy.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur