By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

AEGRO said:

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact),

Oh boy... when it comes to exclusives at the moment PS4 is the console I want.

Lets just say that comment is subjective.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Xeno Gears please.

They're bathing in the salt, and are loving it.

OT: Please A Crack in Time remaster!!!

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact),

I think what he meant to say was over the course of time. The PS3 had beaten the Nintendo and Xbox 360 by 2011 according to a Gamespot study that said Sony invests more heavily in new first party IP. The problem with his post is that he didnt state that it took then five years to get there after launching in 2006 to a console that had been out a year earlier and the other respective to them in the same year.

And FF12 is one of them.

Around the Network

I don't know what's left that would get a big response.

Twitter: @d21lewis

S.T.A.G.E. said:
There were a lot of Wii and 360 owners last gen. I get it, but focus on something new at some point.

But they are.  We got two three new IPs this year with The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, .  They announced Drawn2,Death Dreams and Horizon. They are building brand new VR expereinces.  I think they are actually leading in new IP.  So your comment doesn't make sense to me. 

Depends on the game but they should do demon souls, considering the succes of Bloodborne. And something like Jack with the same treatment as the R&C remake.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

AEGRO said:
People are going to bitch about it, but i dont see what is wrong with this remaster/remake movement.

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact), so its not like they are abandoning one thing for the other.

At the end of the day people will vote with their wallets, if the games keep selling well they will keep pushing them.

Having more options is not bad, buying these games is not mandatory.

No need to bitch and moan or have any discussion whatsoever. 

The bolded is all that matters. You don't like remasters? Fine. Don't buy them. Uncharted and Horizon won't be held up because of them. In fact, I actually fit into the category I'm describing. Aside from Tomb Raider and TLOU:R, which I believe are games that were remastered because they could have easily been cross-gen with how late they released and how popular they were, I don't want remasters. Who the hell cares about Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders in 2014/15? But, I don't have to buy them. And at the same time, Until Dawn and Everybody Gone to the Rapture are around the corner from the 1st party (2nd party?), and games like Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 are still on time from 3rd parties. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think what he meant to say was over the course of time. The PS3 had beaten the Nintendo and Xbox 360 by 2011 according to a Gamespot study that said Sony invests more heavily in new first party IP. The problem with his post is that he didnt state that it took then five years to get there after launching in 2006 to a console that had been out a year earlier and the other respective to them in the same year.

I was refering to the Ps4 only, but when it comes to every gen that Sony have participated, well yes...they are the kings of exclusives since Ps1.

When all is said and done, Sony always come on top.

They usually start burning slow but always deliver.