By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

I don't know what's left that would get a big response.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
There were a lot of Wii and 360 owners last gen. I get it, but focus on something new at some point.

But they are.  We got two three new IPs this year with The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, .  They announced Drawn2,Death Dreams and Horizon. They are building brand new VR expereinces.  I think they are actually leading in new IP.  So your comment doesn't make sense to me. 

Depends on the game but they should do demon souls, considering the succes of Bloodborne. And something like Jack with the same treatment as the R&C remake.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

AEGRO said:
People are going to bitch about it, but i dont see what is wrong with this remaster/remake movement.

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact), so its not like they are abandoning one thing for the other.

At the end of the day people will vote with their wallets, if the games keep selling well they will keep pushing them.

Having more options is not bad, buying these games is not mandatory.

No need to bitch and moan or have any discussion whatsoever. 

The bolded is all that matters. You don't like remasters? Fine. Don't buy them. Uncharted and Horizon won't be held up because of them. In fact, I actually fit into the category I'm describing. Aside from Tomb Raider and TLOU:R, which I believe are games that were remastered because they could have easily been cross-gen with how late they released and how popular they were, I don't want remasters. Who the hell cares about Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders in 2014/15? But, I don't have to buy them. And at the same time, Until Dawn and Everybody Gone to the Rapture are around the corner from the 1st party (2nd party?), and games like Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 are still on time from 3rd parties. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh boy... when it comes to exclusives at the moment PS4 is the console I want.

Lets just say that comment is subjective.

I think what he meant to say was over the course of time. The PS3 had beaten the Nintendo and Xbox 360 by 2011 according to a Gamespot study that said Sony invests more heavily in new first party IP. The problem with his post is that he didnt state that it took then five years to get there after launching in 2006 to a console that had been out a year earlier and the other respective to them in the same year.

I was refering to the Ps4 only, but when it comes to every gen that Sony have participated, well yes...they are the kings of exclusives since Ps1.

When all is said and done, Sony always come on top.

They usually start burning slow but always deliver.

Around the Network

So ports like GoW 3?

They need to learn from Microsoft that they should add more content in the remasters. If they don't add new content why the fuck are they making us pay 40 bucks for a game that looks pretty much the same on an older console for 20$?

Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact),

Last I checked, PS4 had a higher number of exclusives, as wells a higher average score on those exclusives than both XB1 and WiiU. That would make this an observable fact. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think what he meant to say was over the course of time. The PS3 had beaten the Nintendo and Xbox 360 by 2011 according to a Gamespot study that said Sony invests more heavily in new first party IP. The problem with his post is that he didnt state that it took then five years to get there after launching in 2006 to a console that had been out a year earlier and the other respective to them in the same year.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he meant right now

http://www.onlyonconsole.com/

Although, I fear that since PS4 is ahead, criteria will be lobbied against it to make it lose the advantage it has, according to this site. Things like "that's just a remaster" or "that's not exclusive. That's on PS3 or PC". Just note, if you did that, you'd have to discredit Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, MCC, Project Spark, Screamride, State of Decay, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse (I didn't count FH2 since it's the same in name only on the 360).

That would just leave Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Forza 5 against Bloodborne, Second Son, Killzone, Driveclub, The Order, Knack, Omega Quintet, and Onechanbara Z2. Some may not care about the bottom 4 on the PS4 side, but that still leaves the top 4. Which still makes what AEGRO said true: PS4 leads in quantity and quality. And for the people who actually do like The Order or Knack (a surprising amount, if reactions to these games on this site are anything to go by), this case is especially true

H3ADShOt3 said:
So ports like GoW 3?

They need to learn from Microsoft that they should add more content in the remasters. If they don't add new content why the fuck are they making us pay 40 bucks for a game that looks pretty much the same on an older console for 20$?

Because nobody wants to pay for PlayStation Now on top of PS+.

EDIT: This is pretty much the crux of the issue. They want to push PS+ instead of true BC. If they have true BC then PS+ will be useless, and they can't milk consumers with single game remasters like GOW3. 

Eww...I can't believe the amount of support this is getting.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.