By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

If PS4 had BC, no one would bitch.

Around the Network

I don't mind remasters but at this point it's obvious Sony is mainly doing them to fill in the gaps for the lack of first party software since shit is getting delayed.

As long as they don't take away development resources from other actually new first party games then i'm fine with whatever remasters they wanna make.

I do like remasters though because it gives me another chance to play a game I might not have played before.

God of War 3 is what I consider a low point in this game of remastering. They should have at least done a collection of the main three games. That would have been fine for $40. Still a little expensive considering you can get five GoW games on PS3 for about $20, but if they actually touched them up to the point where they took a dump all over the PS3 versions, that would be okay.

Otherwise I'm fine with remastering. I've only bought two remasters on my PS4 so far: TLOU because it came with my PS4, and The Handsome Collection because it was a better deal than buying Borderlands 2 GOTY and the Pre-Sequel separately on last gen hardware. I'm satisfied with both, just as I was satisfied with remastered PS2 games last generation and still satisfied having many of them on my Vita.

As for "remakes > remasters" - Holy mother of duh. Of course everybody would love to see good games remade in high quality and made even better, especially if they were made during a generation where their mechanics wouldn't need to be altered. The thing is, remasters can be outsourced so that development of new first and third party content is not impacted, whereas a remake is going to be handled by the studio that made the original game, meaning at best, development of new IP and quality sequels slows down, and at worst totally halts until the remake is complete. Sure, an FFVII remake is coming, but I would have loved to see that development time go towards something new and better.

Did he even have to say that?

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

We need a Wonderbook remaster like now, like stop development for all first party new games until we get Wonderbook Remaster.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

So, the PS4 has more Indies, more AAA, more FTP and better mulitplats but because we can now add to that list 'more remasters', it's a BAD thing?

What? I think a few people who have commented in this thread need to start worrying about their own console and let Sony fans enjoy the huge options they have.

The PS5 Exists. 

More PS1 remakes, and fewer PS3 remasters in my opinion.

I would love more remasters if they are for good games like TLOU, GOW III and UC. However I don't think Sony has any other franchises of this calibur, maybe a GOW I and II remake or Ico/SOTC HD port will be good. MotorStorm Collection and Wipeout Collection will be welcome too.

GribbleGrunger said:
So, the PS4 has more Indies, more AAA, more FTP and better mulitplats but because we can now add to that list 'more remasters', it's a BAD thing?

What? I think a few people who have commented in this thread need to start worrying about their own console and let Sony fans enjoy the huge options they have.

Actually, with backwards compatability xbox one will have more games overall than ps4 in every way.

CosmicSex said:
Xeno Gears please.

Nah only want it to happen if Takahashi is involved and the game gets the funding it deserves. Means it either has to be a Nintendo release, or Takahashi leaves the company he created (Monolith Soft.)