By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

So ports like GoW 3?

They need to learn from Microsoft that they should add more content in the remasters. If they don't add new content why the fuck are they making us pay 40 bucks for a game that looks pretty much the same on an older console for 20$?

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact),

Oh boy... when it comes to exclusives at the moment PS4 is the console I want.

Lets just say that comment is subjective.

Last I checked, PS4 had a higher number of exclusives, as wells a higher average score on those exclusives than both XB1 and WiiU. That would make this an observable fact. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh boy... when it comes to exclusives at the moment PS4 is the console I want.

Lets just say that comment is subjective.

I think what he meant to say was over the course of time. The PS3 had beaten the Nintendo and Xbox 360 by 2011 according to a Gamespot study that said Sony invests more heavily in new first party IP. The problem with his post is that he didnt state that it took then five years to get there after launching in 2006 to a console that had been out a year earlier and the other respective to them in the same year.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he meant right now

http://www.onlyonconsole.com/

Although, I fear that since PS4 is ahead, criteria will be lobbied against it to make it lose the advantage it has, according to this site. Things like "that's just a remaster" or "that's not exclusive. That's on PS3 or PC". Just note, if you did that, you'd have to discredit Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, MCC, Project Spark, Screamride, State of Decay, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse (I didn't count FH2 since it's the same in name only on the 360).

That would just leave Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Forza 5 against Bloodborne, Second Son, Killzone, Driveclub, The Order, Knack, Omega Quintet, and Onechanbara Z2. Some may not care about the bottom 4 on the PS4 side, but that still leaves the top 4. Which still makes what AEGRO said true: PS4 leads in quantity and quality. And for the people who actually do like The Order or Knack (a surprising amount, if reactions to these games on this site are anything to go by), this case is especially true

H3ADShOt3 said:
So ports like GoW 3?

They need to learn from Microsoft that they should add more content in the remasters. If they don't add new content why the fuck are they making us pay 40 bucks for a game that looks pretty much the same on an older console for 20$?

Because nobody wants to pay for PlayStation Now on top of PS+.

EDIT: This is pretty much the crux of the issue. They want to push PS+ instead of true BC. If they have true BC then PS+ will be useless, and they can't milk consumers with single game remasters like GOW3. 

Eww...I can't believe the amount of support this is getting.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

I like remasters, because A) most older 3D games (fifth- & sixth-gen) have aged very poorly in terms of visuals and their native hardware doesn't play well with HDTVs, B) I don't have a PS3 of my own and the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, and C) I missed out on many older PlayStation exclusives in the past. So, not only would remasters be a way to more cost-effectively play games I never got around to playing, but I'd be getting better-quality versions of those games to boot. Even seventh-gen games I do have I wouldn't mind playing improved versions of them. Of the 17 retail-release games I have between the PS4, XBO, and Wii U, three are remasters: The Last of Us, the Master Chief Collection, and Wind Waker HD. I also plan on getting the Nathan Drake Collection, the God of War 3 remaster, and the Gears of War remake.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

If PS4 had BC, no one would bitch.

I don't mind remasters but at this point it's obvious Sony is mainly doing them to fill in the gaps for the lack of first party software since shit is getting delayed.

As long as they don't take away development resources from other actually new first party games then i'm fine with whatever remasters they wanna make.

I do like remasters though because it gives me another chance to play a game I might not have played before.

God of War 3 is what I consider a low point in this game of remastering. They should have at least done a collection of the main three games. That would have been fine for $40. Still a little expensive considering you can get five GoW games on PS3 for about $20, but if they actually touched them up to the point where they took a dump all over the PS3 versions, that would be okay.

Otherwise I'm fine with remastering. I've only bought two remasters on my PS4 so far: TLOU because it came with my PS4, and The Handsome Collection because it was a better deal than buying Borderlands 2 GOTY and the Pre-Sequel separately on last gen hardware. I'm satisfied with both, just as I was satisfied with remastered PS2 games last generation and still satisfied having many of them on my Vita.

As for "remakes > remasters" - Holy mother of duh. Of course everybody would love to see good games remade in high quality and made even better, especially if they were made during a generation where their mechanics wouldn't need to be altered. The thing is, remasters can be outsourced so that development of new first and third party content is not impacted, whereas a remake is going to be handled by the studio that made the original game, meaning at best, development of new IP and quality sequels slows down, and at worst totally halts until the remake is complete. Sure, an FFVII remake is coming, but I would have loved to see that development time go towards something new and better.

Did he even have to say that?

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]