By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Trying to play GT6

Yeah, this is a known problem with the game. Issues do arise when trying to install numerous updates at once. There is a guide on the official forum about how to solve this issue: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Recommended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/44803188

There's not a lot I can say though... I haven't encountered this problem. I've been playing the game since launch and have been able to install each update one at a time. But I hope this helps!

As much as I like how much post-launch support the game has gotten (including tons of free cars and tracks) It is certainly a nightmare for those just starting out.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

that should work. thanks

if you are considering playing it on a long term, you'll definitely want to be online while playing.
By being online you get more money, in the first day (just being online) you get a 10% boost, and if you keep playing it everyday for 5 days it get a 100% boost, it really helps to get the cars and the money to upgrade them you'll want later in the game.
Go updating it by shares, download and install some, play a bit offline, then repeat, until you get all set up.
The most of the updates are new cars of the Vision GT project, they are really nice, made by real companies to run on the game, now the most of their size is their making off video, so it's a pain to need to download it, but you'll have access to a lot of cool cars to buy (and in the updates up to date if you do the events you get the cars for free by completing them).
IMO you'll really want to always keep it updated.

ya I am working it slowly.

I did not want to redownload the entire set of 19 patches "hoping" it would work.

I have been stopping downloads every 3 gigs or so and letting it install. Just did the 2 gig one (version 1.1 I think). My math tells me I have 5 gigs or so left so I will just stop it around %50 one more time to make sure it does not f-up so close to the home stretch....

Stupid system though. If the in-game patch installer cant handle all the patches DO NOT LET PEOPLE install all of them. Make them go to version 1.07, install, 1.13 install, and then finish.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

well assuming you only want to play the career, why not simply disconnecting the PS3 from the internet?

Dafaq? I played GT5 recently and it only had 90MB worth of updates. Perhaps the console was already up to date but 20GB seems like complete overkill.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:

Dafaq? I played GT5 recently and it only had 90MB worth of updates. Perhaps the console was already up to date but 20GB seems like complete overkill.

depends what game disc you have.. GT5 academy edition or GT5 Spec II is already patched to a certain point.. think 2.0.. Vanilla GT5 has like 30 patches around 5GB..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

depends what game disc you have.. GT5 academy edition or GT5 Spec II is already patched to a certain point.. think 2.0.. Vanilla GT5 has like 30 patches around 5GB..

I am talking about Gt6,

Also, it is 12.5 GB.   The 1st patch was 1.2 GB and only moved the bar to 5%. That is where I got the 20 GB number. What I now realize is the bar moves just as much for the installation part as it does the download (which makes no sense at all unless it less you download at 20 mbs)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

SubiyaCryolite said:

Well you can't play GT5 online anymore it really shouldn't have any more updates.  Well in GT6 each vison GT car is at least a 300MB and there have been 16 so far each update would be a whole lot less if each car didn't come with a video that is about 10 minutes long.

tokilamockingbrd said:
NiKKoM said:

I am talking about Gt6,

Also, it is 12.5 GB.   The 1st patch was 1.2 GB and only moved the bar to 5%. That is where I got the 20 GB number. What I now realize is the bar moves just as much for the installation part as it does the download (which makes no sense at all unless it less you download at 20 mbs)

Ow i know you're talking about gt6, just pointing out that PD are the absolute horrible in handeling updates.. GT5 had already these problems but GT6 is even worse.. wonder if they'll release an Academy/Spec II edition so people won't have to patch it till a certain point like they did with GT5..  I would gladly rebuy that then trying to update my GT6 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

I am talking about Gt6,

Ow i know you're talking about gt6, just pointing out that PD are the absolute horrible in handeling updates.. GT5 had already these problems but GT6 is even worse.. wonder if they'll release an Academy/Spec II edition so people won't have to patch it till a certain point like they did with GT5..  I would gladly rebuy that then trying to update my GT6 

It makes me fear for GT7. What with how much space a game install takes up on the PS4 already, if they keep releasing huge patches.......

#1 Amb-ass-ador

SvennoJ said:
I haven't played GT6 for almost a year now. Every time I feel like taking it for a quick spin online I think of all the patches I'm behind and play something else :/
It's a dumb system. Servers are big enough, why can't it have 1 patch to upgrade from whatever version you have to the latest in 1 go.

IIRC it's the whole patching system on PS3 which is to blame here. On PS3 there wasn't a good way for cumulative and differential updates.

Do you know how this works on PS4? Is it at least cumulative now?