By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Trying to play GT6

walsufnir said:
SvennoJ said:
I haven't played GT6 for almost a year now. Every time I feel like taking it for a quick spin online I think of all the patches I'm behind and play something else :/
It's a dumb system. Servers are big enough, why can't it have 1 patch to upgrade from whatever version you have to the latest in 1 go.

IIRC it's the whole patching system on PS3 which is to blame here. On PS3 there wasn't a good way for cumulative and differential updates.

Do you know how this works on PS4? Is it at least cumulative now?

Yep AFAIK; tbh I haven't really noticed that the patches are cumulative until you mentioned it now, but it's one of the little improvements that I should appreciate. My post about ridiculous harddrive consumption from GT7 might be a little incorrect now

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

GT 5 and 6 are a pain when it comes to updates, I think Yamauchi's hair got stuck in the 90's or something.

walsufnir said:
SvennoJ said:
I haven't played GT6 for almost a year now. Every time I feel like taking it for a quick spin online I think of all the patches I'm behind and play something else :/
It's a dumb system. Servers are big enough, why can't it have 1 patch to upgrade from whatever version you have to the latest in 1 go.

IIRC it's the whole patching system on PS3 which is to blame here. On PS3 there wasn't a good way for cumulative and differential updates.

I have no idea, it's all in the background on ps4 and installation is instant. Simply restart the game after it's finished downloading. It's the biggest improvement between gens.

It might be cumulative. I was behind two season packs on DC and updating the game once was enough for the rest only to require activation. You do need to activate each piece of DLC seperately. It might still download incremental patches, all you see is 1 progress bar and a ready to install message when it's all done. (which is just activating the patch(es) it seems as all it does is restart the game when you click on it)

Deleting stuff is also quick now. On PS3 some games could take up to an hour to delete (exception), deleting GT5 after getting GT6 took longer than installing GT6. PS3 had a horrible file system.

Good the ps4 has no updating on beginning

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

How was it so far?

Around the Network

Yeah it sure likes to update. I think GT5 still has 8GB of updates I've yet to install...

But it's a great game. Hope you enjoy!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

walsufnir said:

Yes.

BraLoD said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

ya I am working it slowly.

I did not want to redownload the entire set of 19 patches "hoping" it would work.

I have been stopping downloads every 3 gigs or so and letting it install. Just did the 2 gig one (version 1.1 I think). My math tells me I have 5 gigs or so left so I will just stop it around %50 one more time to make sure it does not f-up so close to the home stretch....

Stupid system though. If the in-game patch installer cant handle all the patches DO NOT LET PEOPLE install all of them. Make them go to version 1.07, install, 1.13 install, and then finish.

So, how is it now? Fully updated?
When you reach the last update, get the 5 straight days online boost and go do the current Vision GT challenge, if you just complete it you get the car for free (they are like $1M, I think there is one that's 2M, they are not cheap), and if you can get a gold trophy on it you'll get a lot of money with the boost.

Have you been playing it yet? It's great, be sure to let the music always on, the tracks are great, and while you go progressing in the carrer/license mode you'll be getting a new base track when loading each time, makes you feel like you are progressing xD

oh ya finished the downloads.

Got the 10% boost day one. I have played all GT games since 2 so I am know my way around them pretty well. I did not get at launch because I had been playing GT5 up until PS4 launched. Then PS4 has kept me busy. Driveclub also scratched my racer itch for a good while.

Playing GT6 gets me excited for GT7. Picturing Driveclub visuals with GT depth gets me pretty excited.

Its seems GT6 has alot more cars than 5 did. Or maybe I am just imagining it...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:

oh ya finished the downloads.

Got the 10% boost day one. I have played all GT games since 2 so I am know my way around them pretty well. I did not get at launch because I had been playing GT5 up until PS4 launched. Then PS4 has kept me busy. Driveclub also scratched my racer itch for a good while.

Playing GT6 gets me excited for GT7. Picturing Driveclub visuals with GT depth gets me pretty excited.

Its seems GT6 has alot more cars than 5 did. Or maybe I am just imagining it...

They were going to add about 200 new premium cars for GT6, to about 1200 cars total.
Of course 1100 of them are Skylines according to some people :p

AlfredoTurkey said:
Isn't progress wonderful? I dusted off my PS2 the other day, popped in GTA4 and bam... up and running in seconds lol

GTA IV on PS2? O.o