By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Trying to play GT6

I broke out the old PS3 and picked up GT6 for GS for like 15 bucks. I decided to give the game a go.

After 20+ GBs of updates..... I am finally getting around to playing it.

However when I boot the game up it has another update screen.

Its says "Update preperation in progress" this last 3-5 minutes, then when in goes into "Installing updates" it fails. And says an error occured while installing updates...

I am not going through that BS 20 GB d/l again (My internets is 30mbs, but the download speed from the server was only like 1-2 mbs at most) so I am not wiping it.

Is there another way around this. Cause if not I guess I am never going to play GT6.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I had this exact problem, you need to install the updates up until 1.07 then cancel go into the game and let them install there, then you install all the bigger updates separately as well, you install 1.08, cancel then let it install in the game, and then you repeat the process, it is very tedious process but it works

Harmony said:
I had this exact problem, you need to install the updates up until 1.07 then cancel go into the game and let them install there, then you install all the bigger updates separately as well, you install 1.08, cancel then let it install in the game, and then you repeat the process, it is very tedious process but it works

So let the 1st 7 updates download, then quit disconnect from internet. Start game. Install. Exit game. Connect to internet and do a few more and repeat?

psn- tokila

BraLoD said:
The game has 12GB of update, not 20

Seem like you had a problem when downloading on of the updates, maybe some connection issue and it got corrupted.
You would need to erase it and download again, try to download just some and open the game to update it so you won't risk this happenign again.

But if you really don't want to download it again, just download the first and second updates (I think they have some considerable things you would need, don't remember what though), install them, disconnect the network and play offline.
You won't be able to play online without all the updates.

that should work. thanks

psn- tokila

Brutal.

What's the point of buying games that require hours of updates and 30 plus gigs of additional data. Reprint the disc or offer a mail or in store update disc. Had the same experience with GTA5. Despite my ps1 and ps2 nolstaga, it turned me off the series completely.

Around the Network

Isn't progress wonderful? I dusted off my PS2 the other day, popped in GT4 and bam... up and running in seconds lol

tokilamockingbrd said:
Harmony said:

So let the 1st 7 updates download, then quit disconnect from internet. Start game. Install. Exit game. Connect to internet and do a few more and repeat?

yes, I was going through these motions just last week, it is not necessary to disconect from the internet just press circle when it asks you to install latest update game then disconetcts you automatically

mochachino said:
Brutal.

What's the point of buying games that require hours of updates and 30 plus gigs of additional data. Reprint the disc or offer a mail or in store update disc. Had the same experience with GTA5. Despite my ps1 and ps2 nolstaga, it turned me off the series completely.

Even more so when I bought digital, why would they not just let you download an already updated version.

I had the same problem I just re downloaded the update, pain in the arse.

I haven't played GT6 for almost a year now. Every time I feel like taking it for a quick spin online I think of all the patches I'm behind and play something else :/
It's a dumb system. Servers are big enough, why can't it have 1 patch to upgrade from whatever version you have to the latest in 1 go.