By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles available in the Wii U eShop... In Europe (XCX bundle coming to US and Europe, discounts for Europe also)

gabzjmm23 said:
Nintendo EU fans - 'We're really feeling it!!!'

Nintendo NA fans - 'Man, what a buncha jokers!'

Nintendo NA fans since the update that it will also come to them - 'Now it's our time!'

Around the Network

It is shown on the controller display and TV the same time. Both displays show aliasing problems (jaggies), but they are less annoying on the small controller display than on the big TV screen.

Bristow9091 said:

PS. Probably something easily known, but is there a way to turn the gamepad screen off while playing on a bigger screen? It just seems a little unnecessary to show the same screen twice...

Not within the game. If you answer the requester "This software supports the Wii U pamePad. Would you like to use it?" with NO, you get the choice between "TV Only" and "TV and GamePad", but then you have to use a Wii Remote. If you chose YES, the game uses both displays.

But you can of course select "display off" in the controller settings of the tablet controller or reduce the screen brightness to 1. Just push the home button in the WiiU home screen and then tip on "controller settings in the upper right corner.

TomaTito said:
Maraccuda said:
Does anyone know if the Wii game can be played with the gamepad? Or we have to use the wiimote/classic controller?

Nope, the Wii retail version can't be played with the gamepad, you can obviously use Wiimote/CC.
The WiiU "VC" version can on both accounts.

You can see a thread I made about this topic here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196822

Couldn't they patch this type of gamepad support in?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
TomaTito said:

Nope, the Wii retail version can't be played with the gamepad, you can obviously use Wiimote/CC.
The WiiU "VC" version can on both accounts.

You can see a thread I made about this topic here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196822

They could but they won't. If the Gamepad supports retail Wii titles then it also works for Wii digital titles and the Wii VC can be playable on the Gamepad. Then the WiiU VC would have less advantages.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
outlawauron said:

They could but they won't. If the Gamepad supports retail Wii titles then it also works for Wii digital titles and the Wii VC can be playable on the Gamepad. Then the WiiU VC would have less advantages.

Well, the GamePad support is added in the VC isos. I'm sure that they won't patch the original Wii games nowadays...

Bofferbrauer said:
gabzjmm23 said:
Nintendo EU fans - 'We're really feeling it!!!'

Nintendo NA fans - 'Man, what a buncha jokers!'

Nintendo NA fans since the update that it will also come to them - 'Now it's our time!'

This made me smile :)

I'm so excited that NA is getting a special edition, also.

episteme said:
TomaTito said:
outlawauron said:

Well, the GamePad support is added in the VC isos. I'm sure that they won't patch the original Wii games nowadays...

They could patch/hack the whole Wii OS to include Gamepad/pro support, it's just mapping. But hey, it's cheaper and more effective to modify the Wii isos.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

If it isn't in HD, there's no point because I own the game. And out of ALL the games that these three companies re-release in HD, this one is the one that needs it the most.