By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft launches a kickstarter for Master Chief Collection in China

LOOOOOL? wtf MS?

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Oh wow, this'll be really interesting considering all the comments about Sony's First Flight crowdfunding platform

*Grabs popcorn*

Imagine my luck, I was already making popcorn when this news came up. Waiting for Shenmue haters to appear again...

Conina said:
That's no crowdfunding, it's a preorder at the JD retailer combined with a lottery:

$0.16 for a 1:5000 chance to win an XBO/MCC bundle
around $40 for the normal MCC collection,
around $60 for the MCC collection + controller stand + some cheap extras
around $480 for an XBO/MCC bundle + controller stand + some cheap extras
around $4800 for 10 XBO/MCC bundles + 10 controller stands + some cheap extras (for resellers?)

Except of course that if not enough peope preorder, the don't make it. How is this any different than Shenmue or Sonys own CF project?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The game releases August 13th there. Thread title is a little misleading.

shikamaru317 said:

Am I crazy or are those standard retail prices for each item? This doesn't look like anything is actually being funded to me, it looks like they're simply guaging interest.  If enough people "preorder", MS makes the console and sells it, if not then they don't lose money making a special edition console that won't sell. China is a risky market for XB1 still, I think this is understandable given XB1's slow sales in China thus far. Nice to hear that it's already at 1/10 after 1 day, hope it can make it.

Should reach it pretty easily, given that they only need like 180 console preorders to reach their goal.

Around the Network

Funny seeing how many people were bashing Sony for Shenmue 3.

Well lol, . i thought Bill Gates is a rich guy. and Microsoft is have an unlimited cash.

This is pretty much the same as Shenmue III, if it is funded you get a pre-order, if not you don't lose any money.

FIT_Gamer said:
Funny seeing how many people were bashing Sony for Shenmue 3.

This doesn't change anything though...either they are both right or they are both wrong. Which is it? That's up to debate.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Really crappy move by MS but it is in like with the behavior from the likes of Sony with Kickstarter. This it's what many of us warned about in the thread about Shenmue.