By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft launches a kickstarter for Master Chief Collection in China

Normchacho said:
VGPolyglot said:

I believe that if it doesn't reach a certain goal, that it won't be funded.

This is true, according to the information available. If they don't reach the goal, the special edition won't get made.

Yep. It's a kickstarter. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Companies that can easily afford these kinds of things shouldn't be doing kickstarters.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

And this is exactly what was being talked about in the shenmue thread.... Ridiculous.

That is dumb. MS could easily afford to do it. I will never support a big company that uses kickstarter.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Like I said about Sony, it's dumb how an even bigger multi-billion dollar company like Microsoft is doing this ...

Around the Network

Which one i should sit down....

Am I reading this wrong?

The thread title implies its not coming to China unless it gets funded.

But this "kickstarter" appears to be for those interested in special editions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I don't think it will do well. Too many pirates and PC gamers on China.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Halo MCC launches August 13th in China. That is the standard version.

However this is a kick starter for Special edition/content of the game. They are targeting something like $80,000 and so far have raised about $10,000.

When they hit the target the kick starter users are rewarded with the Halo Special edition content. If the target is failed then no one gets anything and all money is refunded. There is 29 days to go.

Pretty weird move from a Company that promised a China takeover not so long ago...