By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft launches a kickstarter for Master Chief Collection in China

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087824

Well now. 

During Halo Night event on 29th July in Shanghai before Chinajoy, Xbox China announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be released on August 13th in China for 249RMB. Chinese edition will have simplified Chinese subtitle, while Chinese voice is not available yet and players can play online game only with local Chinese players.

On 31st of July, Xbox China has just launched a kickstarter project on Chinese online seller JD, to make a China special collector edition of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
This Kickstarter project aims to collect 500 thousand yuan in a month, and it has reached 1/10 in the first day.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
WTF?

Microsoft doing a kickstarter for a limited edition console? That's just... ridiculous!

They do need the money.

Hmm, pie.

Interesting.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Oh wow, this'll be really interesting considering all the comments about Sony's First Flight crowdfunding platform

*Grabs popcorn*

What is the actual hell...

Around the Network

Seems more like a lottery to me but who am I to stop the fun?

But multibillion dollar companies shouldn't exploit people and crowdfunding platforms like that, take the risk and do it yada yada yada.

It's a special edition in China, I can easily see why you'd like to check demand before printing something like that over there.

Goatseye said:
Seems more like a lottery to me but who am I to stop the fun?

It's a lottery if you only pledge 1 Yuan (like 10 cents), everything more than that will have normal rewards.

This is priceless! I'll just sit and wait for the people who were outraged with Sony to come and express the same distaste now that Microsoft is doing it.

OP, that makes sense. Gauging interest and all that.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

That's no crowdfunding, it's a preorder at the JD retailer combined with a lottery:

$0.16 for a 1:5000 chance to win an XBO/MCC bundle
around $40 for the normal MCC collection,
around $60 for the MCC collection + controller stand + some cheap extras
around $480 for an XBO/MCC bundle + controller stand + some cheap extras
around $4800 for 10 XBO/MCC bundles + 10 controller stands + some cheap extras (for resellers?)