By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Youkai Watch Going To Flop In USA?

Tagged games:

Will Youkai Watch Succeed In The U.S. of A?

Success! 46 38.98%

Failure :( 25 21.19%

Meh... 38 32.20%

Pokemon Z! 9 7.63%

Total:118

It won't flop. But I don't see it flying off the shelves. It, obviously, really depends on how the anime does on Disney. The games sales will truely come from its legs, probably not first week.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Is there a TV show in US?, if not then I don't think so.

This sort of thing has just been done so many times already. I see little about this series that is even remotely interesting. (Not that I've looked really deep or anything, but the trailers look pretty bleh.)

It depends if it's able to interest kids. The anime is very popular and it's become the thing that all the kids take part in.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't think it's as appealing to most of the world as it is to Japan, so yeah, that can happen.
They would need to make the anime popular around here as well so kids would want it.
Like happened with Pokemon.

Around the Network

It will probably flop compared to Japan standards of the series. But it will sell more than Monster Hunter does in the west most likely.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Dr.Vita said:
I won't flop and it won't be the new Pokemon.

Yeah, pretty much this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Angelv577 said:

The anime and merchandising will launch in the US later this year, presumably before the game comes out.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Angelv577 said:

The anime and merchandising will launch in the US later this year, presumably before the game comes out.

In that case, it has a chance depending of how successful the tv show is.

it would sell but not pokemon-like numbers. just decent i believe, not sure if it would capture the kids these days with Yo-kai. I'm just interested with the series and maybe my daughter would find it interesting and play it.