By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Youkai Watch Going To Flop In USA?

Tagged games:

Will Youkai Watch Succeed In The U.S. of A?

Success! 46 38.98%

Failure :( 25 21.19%

Meh... 38 32.20%

Pokemon Z! 9 7.63%

Total:118

I feel like this could go either way, although I think it will be a moderate success, but nothing like the success that it is in Japan.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

It's tough to gauge, but I'll say it will sell 220,000 copies or so holiday 2015.
Not a flop, but nowhere near Japan numbers...

It can when there's a cultural barrier and the anime likely won't help in the west either since it does not match a childs of trendy and cool ...

It won't flop but I don't see it coming anywhere near Pokemon as far as the west goes as the are numerous factors in regards to Pokemon which is why many other games using similar concept fell flat. One factor that will hamper Yokai is Pokemon itself, when the latter launched the was nothing like it at the time or anything that used a similar concept.

-It's not the '90;
-The anime won't show off before the release of the game (I don't event know if it'll show off at all) ;
-they said they'll have a huge advertisment but we still haven't seen anything about it;
-The game looks extremely weird from what we've seen, and to me it doesn't look like the kind of weird stuff that appeals to kids;
-Level 5 deserves to die for what they do with their brands;
-Pokémon fans can't handle a pause every time a Yookai Watch game comes out becouse they would compete...

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
-It's not the '90;
-The anime won't show off before the release of the game (I don't event know if it'll show off at all) ;
-they said they'll have a huge advertisment but we still haven't seen anything about it;
-The game looks extremely weird from what we've seen, and to me it doesn't look like the kind of weird stuff that appeals to kids;
-Pokémon fans can't handle a pause every time a Yookai Watch game comes out becouse they would compete...

...What? It hasn't even been said when the anime or game will launch. And yes, the anime is coming. And why would they advertise 4 or so months before the game's release? Seems like a waste of time and money.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Luke888 said:
-It's not the '90;

...What? It hasn't even been said when the anime or game will launch. And yes, the anime is coming. And why would they advertise 4 or so months before the game's release? Seems like a waste of time and money.

I meant that we don't really know what kind of advertisment they'll do IIRC Pokémon as well as Splatoon when it launched in the US made events all around the country so they could advertise it properly. Imho Yokai-Watch isn't the kind of game for which you can make this kind of events :v

Luke888 said:
I meant that we don't really know what kind of advertisment they'll do IIRC Pokémon as well as Splatoon when it launched in the US made events all around the country so they could advertise it properly. Imho Yokai-Watch isn't the kind of game for which you can make this kind of events :v

Well, no, but it's likely going to be advertised in the way that Pokemon was when it first launched with the cross-promotion and merchandise and stuff. Basically the merch, anime and games help each other in terms of sales.

I guess a more recent example of this would be the Minions, where they did a ton of merchandising and promotion in stores which tremendously helped the movie, and then in return the movie helped churn out more sales of Minion toys and shirts and such.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread