By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Sandy Bland questionable arrest leads to mysterious death.

AnthonyW86 said:
This guy explains it very well, though a little blund maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnuQGqxnqfo
She wasn't compliant during the stop and kept on talking, and jumped to conclusions. She could have driven away with a warning.

Damn. Tommy said it all. Guess I'll sit my ass down.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
irstupid said:
The arrest is irrelevent. They both were acting like pricks. She started it, but don't matter, he shoudl have rose above. Being a cop he should be used to people being dicks to him.

BUT she commited suicide, days later. Nothing to do with the arrest.

Bail was only $500, someone could have easily bailed her out.

And she SHOULD have been arrested, for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. If she did indeed kick the officer, thats assault.
2. She has like $7,500 in unpaid fines. The cop should have seen that running her license in the system and arrested her for those.

If she has unpaid fines she should be apprehended or charged with something to pay those off whether that be prison time, item reposession or community service.

We have no evidence she kicked him (purposefully) other than the word of this maniac who works for the department that edited the dashcam footage. They have less than 0 credibility. Cops look out for each other.

She wasn't in prison, she was in Jail. A measly $500 was only needed to bail her out. She was there for only 3 days.

No evidence he slammed her head into the ground either. Only her word for that too.

irstupid said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

If she has unpaid fines she should be apprehended or charged with something to pay those off whether that be prison time, item reposession or community service.

We have no evidence she kicked him (purposefully) other than the word of this maniac who works for the department that edited the dashcam footage. They have less than 0 credibility. Cops look out for each other.

She wasn't in prison, she was in Jail. A measly $500 was only needed to bail her out. She was there for only 3 days.

No evidence he slammed her head into the ground either. Only her word for that too.

I never said she was in prison? I'm saying what they should've done if they knew about the money she owed in fines.

If she's shouting in the video "you slammed my head in to the ground" and both of the officers are saying why they did that. Then he slammed her head into the ground. Jesus christ.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

You do not have to exit your car unless you are under arrest. It's wise to exit the car to avoid a confrentation but it's perfectly legal to stay in your car if you are not under arrest.

This was a big issue when a serial killer was posing a police officer ordering people to get out of their car, and when they did he kidnapped them. You have to get out of your car is a cop shows that he's a police officer and orders you to get out if you are under arrest. 

Again, you should get out of the car but she was in her right not to as there was no reason to. 

In Pennsylvania v. Mimms, the Supreme Court ruled that an officer may order you to leave your vehicle during a routine traffic stop and does not need to give a reason. As it is a lawfull order, you must comply or you will be breaking the law.

http://www.columbuscriminaldefenseattorney.com/2012/03/16/must-you-get-out-of-your-car-during-a-traffic-stop-police-interaction-part-ix/

This has already been explained in more detail elsewhere. Do you have any proof to back up your points or are you simply asserting? If there is some jurisdictional provisor or alternate interpretation then I will concede, but it seems the consensus is that yes, she did have to get out of the car and yes, he was allowed to use force to make her if she didn't comply.

sundin13 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

You do not have to exit your car unless you are under arrest. It's wise to exit the car to avoid a confrentation but it's perfectly legal to stay in your car if you are not under arrest.

This was a big issue when a serial killer was posing a police officer ordering people to get out of their car, and when they did he kidnapped them. You have to get out of your car is a cop shows that he's a police officer and orders you to get out if you are under arrest. 

Again, you should get out of the car but she was in her right not to as there was no reason to. 

In Pennsylvania v. Mimms, the Supreme Court ruled that an officer may order you to leave your vehicle during a routine traffic stop and does not need to give a reason. As it is a lawfull order, you must comply or you will be breaking the law.

http://www.columbuscriminaldefenseattorney.com/2012/03/16/must-you-get-out-of-your-car-during-a-traffic-stop-police-interaction-part-ix/

This has already been explained in more detail elsewhere. Do you have any proof to back up your points or are you simply asserting? If there is some jurisdictional provisor or alternate interpretation then I will concede, but it seems the consensus is that yes, she did have to get out of the car and yes, he was allowed to use force to make her if she didn't comply.

I'm finding conflicting sources saying that you can and can't get out of the car. But I also am finding more to indicate that you have to get out of the car if it is a lawful order (as long as they have shown they are infact a police officer). So she should have gotten out of the car. She shouldn't have been asked as the cop was clearly having some sort of bad day if you're going to 'light someone up' for saying no to you.

But eventually she was removed from the vehicle. And restrained, yet the cop who was clearly angry, hot headed and shouldn't have been asking her to get out in the first place off camera managed to slam her head in the ground. And when she informed them of her epilepsy his response was 'good'.

So I will clarify, she should've gotten out of the vehicle first time he asked whether he should've or not is another argument. But his aggression especially after she is restrained is absolutely uncalled for and he obviously has many personal issue to mean he should not be given such a position of power.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Puppyroach said:
Btw, for a country where a lot of people on the right seem to be angry at the government all the time, it is interesting how the same people seem to defend almost fascist behavior from the police. I am glad to live in a country where the behavior of the police in the video would never be defended.

If this happened just once in the UK there would be rallies in Parilment for weeks.
Hell, a police officer killed a guy in London and that caused the infamous London Riots of 2011 that lasted five days. 

America is one of the only places they can get away with this shit.

Exactly, the police are civil servants of the people, not the other way around. This is why it fascinates me how people can defend the right of an officer to behave like this.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm finding conflicting sources saying that you can and can't get out of the car. But I also am finding more to indicate that you have to get out of the car if it is a lawful order (as long as they have shown they are infact a police officer). So she should have gotten out of the car. She shouldn't have been asked as the cop was clearly having some sort of bad day if you're going to 'light someone up' for saying no to you.

But eventually she was removed from the vehicle. And restrained, yet the cop who was clearly angry, hot headed and shouldn't have been asking her to get out in the first place off camera managed to slam her head in the ground. And when she informed them of her epilepsy his response was 'good'.

So I will clarify, she should've gotten out of the vehicle first time he asked whether he should've or not is another argument. But his aggression especially after she is restrained is absolutely uncalled for and he obviously has many personal issue to mean he should not be given such a position of power.

Whatever happened off camera I'm not going to comment on am I'm certainly not going to deny that the cop was a prick. Just this case was extremely overblown and the claims that the cop broke laws by arresting her were shaky at best. I don't like that TYT and others tried to paint this case in black and white and inflame anti-police sentiments.

Puppyroach said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Puppyroach said:
Btw, for a country where a lot of people on the right seem to be angry at the government all the time, it is interesting how the same people seem to defend almost fascist behavior from the police. I am glad to live in a country where the behavior of the police in the video would never be defended.

If this happened just once in the UK there would be rallies in Parilment for weeks.
Hell, a police officer killed a guy in London and that caused the infamous London Riots of 2011 that lasted five days. 

America is one of the only places they can get away with this shit.

Exactly, the police are civil servants of the people, not the other way around. This is why it fascinates me how people can defend the right of an officer to behave like this.

The police are here to protect us. Who is he protecting in this footage?

sundin13 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Whatever happened off camera I'm not going to comment on am I'm certainly not going to deny that the cop was a prick. Just this case was extremely overblown and the claims that the cop broke laws by arresting her were shaky at best. I don't like that TYT and others tried to paint this case in black and white and inflame anti-police sentiments.

He didn't break laws but he broke human decency. I doubt many cops would've reacted in the way he had or done what he'd done in this same situation.

The reason this is so popular is because, this happened in the way it did, the footage the police released was edited, and the guards didn't check in on the people in jail, and she was found after she hung herself and everyone who knows her claimed she was not a suicidal woman. Obviously I'm not going to get into claims on the suicide, lots of people say that about victims of suicide. 

Also many think she was already dead in her mug shot. As she appears to be laying down from the upwards angle of the camera and the pigment in her skin. And as a black male I would be very worried if I saw my skin like that in the mirror xD But I don't think she was dead in the image that's a bit too tin foily for my tastes unless it's proven

The police officer should be fired, but I believe it was suicide because this lady was depressed.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54