By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Sandy Bland questionable arrest leads to mysterious death.

MoHasanie said:
The police officer should be fired, but I believe it was suicide because this lady was depressed.

Lol she just got a new job. I sure as hell wouldn't be depressed in a place that was cheaper to live in where I possibly made more money. It's a bonus that involved education.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
The police officer should be fired, but I believe it was suicide because this lady was depressed.

Lol she just got a new job. I sure as hell wouldn't be depressed in a place that was cheaper to live in where I possibly made more money. It's a bonus that involved education.

I'm not sure because I haven't been following the story closely, but there was video where she said she suffered from depression and PTSD. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

yeah it is pretty gross, for a police officer to think that they have control or power over someone smoking a cigarette or speaking in a certain tone is absurd

that cop was in a bad mood and acting like a child when he didn't hear what he wanted to hear. he should be fire instantly. also it's a joke that they are saying she 'killed herself'. seriously? she seems like a strong woman who obviously was planning to sue the police department or county off the wazhoo and they staged the whole thing. because what would her incentive for suicide be? there wasn't any

corrupt and disturbing, this whole thing

Puppyroach said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Puppyroach said:
Btw, for a country where a lot of people on the right seem to be angry at the government all the time, it is interesting how the same people seem to defend almost fascist behavior from the police. I am glad to live in a country where the behavior of the police in the video would never be defended.

If this happened just once in the UK there would be rallies in Parilment for weeks.
Hell, a police officer killed a guy in London and that caused the infamous London Riots of 2011 that lasted five days. 

America is one of the only places they can get away with this shit.

Exactly, the police are civil servants of the people, not the other way around. This is why it fascinates me how people can defend the right of an officer to behave like this.

this. a lot of disturbing people are under the impression that officers are all powerful or above the power of a citizen

the police are paid by the citizens taxes and are there to serve a citizen. its one thing if a person is under arrest or a danger to society, but if you are simply being questioned by an officer or getting a ticket for a traffic violation, the police officer has not power over your regular behavior

people are empowering police officers and its a mistake. someone like this should be fired and barred from being a police officer. he should also possibly be charged with something, dragging her out of her car, searching her car, and now the mysterious 'suicide' are alll heavily suspicious 

mountaindewslave said:
Puppyroach said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Puppyroach said:
Btw, for a country where a lot of people on the right seem to be angry at the government all the time, it is interesting how the same people seem to defend almost fascist behavior from the police. I am glad to live in a country where the behavior of the police in the video would never be defended.

If this happened just once in the UK there would be rallies in Parilment for weeks.
Hell, a police officer killed a guy in London and that caused the infamous London Riots of 2011 that lasted five days. 

America is one of the only places they can get away with this shit.

Exactly, the police are civil servants of the people, not the other way around. This is why it fascinates me how people can defend the right of an officer to behave like this.

this. a lot of disturbing people are under the impression that officers are all powerful or above the power of a citizen

the police are paid by the citizens taxes and are there to serve a citizen. its one thing if a person is under arrest or a danger to society, but if you are simply being questioned by an officer or getting a ticket for a traffic violation, the police officer has not power over your regular behavior

people are empowering police officers and its a mistake. someone like this should be fired and barred from being a police officer. he should also possibly be charged with something, dragging her out of her car, searching her car, and now the mysterious 'suicide' are alll heavily suspicious 

They are payed by taxes and that's why people need to COOPERATE and not waste an officers time. And the woman clearly has an attitude, that's why the officer asked her if there was a problem. And even while he just wanted to give her a warning she assumed she was getting fined.

Here in The Netherlands police are much softer, and in a lot of cases they can be. But they also can't do much against people bad mouthing and dissrespecting them. It has lead to a situation where more and more people have ZERO respect for the police and badmouth them whenever it suits them. Making their job harder.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

They are payed by taxes and that's why people need to COOPERATE and not waste an officers time. And the woman clearly has an attitude, that's why the officer asked her if there was a problem. And even while he just wanted to give her a warning she assumed she was getting fined.

Here in The Netherlands police are much softer, and in a lot of cases they can be. But they also can't do much against people bad mouthing and dissrespecting them. It has lead to a situation where more and more people have ZERO respect for the police and badmouth them whenever it suits them. Making their job harder.

I do not pay the government so that I can be some kind of loyal subject to the police. If I behave like an ass towards you but are not physical in any way, that is ok by law, right? The same applies to the police. She was being rude and an ass (as was he), but that is her right as a citizen to be. The police force is only obligated to react to wrongful behaviour, they are not allowed to treat the citizens as puppets, where we should act according to their every order

The mentality that is among a lot of the policeforce in the US is what drives crimes upwards. Arresting for every little thing creates criminals and can cause a spiral where a person looses his or her job, starts to commit petty crimes and so on. The government therefore has a responsibility to have civil servants that act in a way that creates a positive atmosphere in society. In short: I would rather have citizens that disrespect the police than to have citizens that are afraid of the police.

Puppyroach said:
KLAMarine said:
Don't rely on the Young Turks for your info: TYT's biased.

Here's raw footage without portions cut out by TYT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAZ3umt7v0

In what way was the arrest warranted? He didn't even mention why she was obligated to step out of the car. That police should loose his job immediately considering his behavior.

According to what I've heard/read from legal experts, a traffic violation such as not signaling a lane change is an arrestable offense.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Can you give the time stamp when she kicks him? Because I can't see it.

Actually, I was wrong: the trooper didn't claim the kick occurred when he was trying to pull her out, he claims it occurred out and away from the car off-screen. The kick is corroborated by the lady officer at 16:05 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkqw_7mrJnU

Initially I thought it happened at around 10:00 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkqw_7mrJnU when the trooper backs away suddenly and through the back window you can see the silhouette of Sandra's head jerk away at the same time.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:

This encounter might have cost her the job as well as years in prison for the assault charge. I imagine this would affect someone who's struggled with emotional problems in the past very deeply.

MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm not sure because I haven't been following the story closely, but there was video where she said she suffered from depression and PTSD.

She has had a history of battling depression and PTSD. Here's video I believe you were referring to: https://www.facebook.com/sandra.bland.5070/videos/vb.73304051/10100583474040874/?type=2&theater

KLAMarine said:
Puppyroach said:

In what way was the arrest warranted? He didn't even mention why she was obligated to step out of the car. That police should loose his job immediately considering his behavior.

According to what I've heard/read from legal experts, a traffic violation such as not signaling a lane change is an arrestable offense.

At what point does he inform her that she needs to step out of the car because of the traffic violation? He never informs her of any cause for an arrest, therefore she does not have to comply. This is also why he couldn´t book her for resisting arrest, since there was no valid arrest to begin with.

Puppyroach said:

At what point does he inform her that she needs to step out of the car because of the traffic violation? He never informs her of any cause for an arrest, therefore she does not have to comply.

What are you basing your belief that she does not have to comply on? Is this a law on the books somewhere?

People who "know their rights" are very dangerous. And it's not because they know their rights, either. It's because they believe some misinformation that they saw on YouTube or some law that doesn't exist in their area.