By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After RiseOfTheTombRaider contract ends, where do you see it going next?

Where will it go after the exclusivity contract ends?

PC 57 15.57%

PS4 41 11.20%

PC & PS4 223 60.93%

Nowhere, it will remain Xbone exclusive. 11 3.01%

Ouya 19 5.19%

WiiU 9 2.46%

NX 4 1.09%

SteamBox 2 0.55%

Total:366

Playstation Vita

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Madword said:

Wow a year is a very long time congrats to MS if thats true.

If it was 1 year, I certainly wouldnt be rushing to buy it day 1 on PS4 unless it was at considerable discount, just to teach SE a lesson :) 

The rumor is that it will be $40 on PC/PS4 instead of $60 to make up for the delay.

I just hope that the game remains at 60$ when it eventually release on the Ps4. 

That way, when we discuss about the sales of the game between all platforms, there wont be the "it was cheaper" excuse when it significantly sells better on the Ps4.

PC only as Microsoft will be publishing the game like DR3.

Both PC and PS4, probably at the same time, or firstly on PS4.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The game will come to PS4, PS3 and PC as soon as it can be ported, it's only an exclusive on XBox for Holiday 2015, there's no indication the deal is any longer a few months.
TR sells much better on everything else than XBox, no way it stays off of those platforms for more than a few months.

Around the Network

PS4 and PC are definitely getting it. I don't get why people are acting like this isn't blindingly obvious. Microsoft is just standing in the way of the inevitable and its pretty smart to be honest. Many will feel the weight of Microsofts 4th quarter and buy Xbox Ones. Im expecting Tomb Raider to release on other platforms ny fourth quarter next year.

Ka-pi96 said:
binary solo said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Depends how successful it is on Xbox. If it does really well then Microsoft may want to get a longer deal maybe including sequels and Square would be more inclined to agree. Although I don't really expect it to do that well, but still the better it does on Xbox the less other places it will go. If it flops on Xbox then expect re-releases on everything, even a crappy mobile port, just so Square can try to break even.

It would have to do CoD well for that to happen. If it does 50% better than the previous game did on Xbox platforms that would not be nearly enough for SE to sign up for a long term console exclusivity deal and shut out the console with the 50% marketshare, and a gamer base that is generally more into TR-type games than the Xbox player base.

I'm not saying they'd just sign up to a deal for nothing, they'd have a price Microsoft would have to pay to secure that. Even now they'd have a price for a more permanent exclusivity, but right now that price is just more than Microsoft would be willing to pay. The better it does on Xbox the more willing they would be to lower that price. Conversely if it does poorly that price, and the price of any future exclusives including timed ones, would increase.

Exactly. We can expect a lot of TR marketing coming from MS, with bundles and all they can do push the game hard. They need TR to be successful on Xbox One, or they can give up on future third party exclusives/temporary exclusives.

But they will also need to do marketing for Fallout 4, releasing the same day... We're going to see "Xbox One" everywhere in October! But what will be the ratio Fallout/TR in their commercials... 

Faelco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
binary solo said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Depends how successful it is on Xbox. If it does really well then Microsoft may want to get a longer deal maybe including sequels and Square would be more inclined to agree. Although I don't really expect it to do that well, but still the better it does on Xbox the less other places it will go. If it flops on Xbox then expect re-releases on everything, even a crappy mobile port, just so Square can try to break even.

It would have to do CoD well for that to happen. If it does 50% better than the previous game did on Xbox platforms that would not be nearly enough for SE to sign up for a long term console exclusivity deal and shut out the console with the 50% marketshare, and a gamer base that is generally more into TR-type games than the Xbox player base.

I'm not saying they'd just sign up to a deal for nothing, they'd have a price Microsoft would have to pay to secure that. Even now they'd have a price for a more permanent exclusivity, but right now that price is just more than Microsoft would be willing to pay. The better it does on Xbox the more willing they would be to lower that price. Conversely if it does poorly that price, and the price of any future exclusives including timed ones, would increase.

Exactly. We can expect a lot of TR marketing coming from MS, with bundles and all they can do push the game hard. They need TR to be successful on Xbox One, or they can give up on future third party exclusives/temporary exclusives.

You hit the nail on the head. If they can't make Tomb Raider a success, all third parties will take note.

GribbleGrunger said:
To the console with the biggest install base and biggest fanbase.

The PS2? Wow, that's a new cross-gen definition, for sure.

What about PS3? The predecessor sold more on PS3. Any info on that?