By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After RiseOfTheTombRaider contract ends, where do you see it going next?

Where will it go after the exclusivity contract ends?

PC 57 15.57%

PS4 41 11.20%

PC & PS4 223 60.93%

Nowhere, it will remain Xbone exclusive. 11 3.01%

Ouya 19 5.19%

WiiU 9 2.46%

NX 4 1.09%

SteamBox 2 0.55%

Total:366
Lortsamler said:
The only reason Microsoft got that Dead Rising 3 and Ryse deal was because the industry belived at the time,that Microsoft would steamroll Sony this gen. We all know this is not the case now. So there is no way Microsoft could get a similar deal again. So my bet is that Rise of Tomb Raider will probably be released 6 to 9 months later on PS4.

Industry must be full of idiots then. 

Around the Network

There's no doubt in my mind it will come to other platforms. I'm sure Microsoft only made it a timed exclusive because squeenix wasn't willing to give the title up completely. Especially considering the last game did better on PS3 than it did on 360 and a LOT better on PS4 than on Xb1.

NobleTeam360 said:
Lortsamler said:
The only reason Microsoft got that Dead Rising 3 and Ryse deal was because the industry belived at the time,that Microsoft would steamroll Sony this gen. We all know this is not the case now. So there is no way Microsoft could get a similar deal again. So my bet is that Rise of Tomb Raider will probably be released 6 to 9 months later on PS4.

Industry must be full of idiots then. 

This was common knowledge what the game industry belived back then. Doubt they are idiots,but that the management were out of touch with the reality,is more correct to say. 

ps4 and pc

Lortsamler said:

What? How do you come to this conclusion? I don't see it.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Lortsamler said:

Me either, 360 and PS3 sold almost the same amount. Don't see how they could come to the conclusion one would dominate the other

walsufnir said:
Lortsamler said:

I read somewhere that someone at a higher level in EA said it. Found a link about it(it's not the one i read a few years ago though) 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Was-Exclusive-Xbox-Because-EA-Thought-Xbox-One-Would-Dominate-61946.html

Obliviously PS4 then shortly after would be PC.

SE would want maximum money from sales.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Lortsamler said:
walsufnir said:

I read somewhere that someone at a higher level in EA said it. Found a link about it(it's not the one i read a few years ago though) 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Was-Exclusive-Xbox-Because-EA-Thought-Xbox-One-Would-Dominate-61946.html

Hmm? The article is wrong because that wasn't the reason Titanfall was exclusive.

PS4 & PC