By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After RiseOfTheTombRaider contract ends, where do you see it going next?

Where will it go after the exclusivity contract ends?

PC 57 15.57%

PS4 41 11.20%

PC & PS4 223 60.93%

Nowhere, it will remain Xbone exclusive. 11 3.01%

Ouya 19 5.19%

WiiU 9 2.46%

NX 4 1.09%

SteamBox 2 0.55%

Total:366
AbbathTheGrim said:
Madword said:

It's actually on the Tomb Raider twitter feed, funny that news sites cannot even quote that... lol :)

It must be that everyone was typing as fast as they could to be the first publishing the news. They were like: "NO FUCKING TIME TO COPY PASTE SOURCES!!!! POST THE NEWS!!!"

HAHA so true.... 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Augen said:
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/rise-tomb-raider-coming-pc-early-2016-ps4-holiday-2016

There you go.

Nice, i'll probably just end up picking it up on PC then. 

So I guess we were right after all...

Rise of the Tomb Raider Gets PS4 and PC Release Dates

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gets-ps4-and-pc-release-dates?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Think after this they'll just make it multiplat.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

tiffac said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Me either, 360 and PS3 sold almost the same amount. Don't see how they could come to the conclusion one would dominate the other

Guys, I may not be from the industry but I am your perfect example of a person who believed the X1 would have obliterate the PS4 at the start of this gen.

Of course, in the US only.

If someone said World Wide, even I would bet against that person. lol!

There were people on this very site (though I don't think we see them around any more) who were predicting that Europe would flip for Xbox this generation, because it did so damned well last generation. Some people even thought gen 8 Xbox would be more competetive in Japan, though they were never so delluded as to believe it could actually come first or second there. And they might have been close to right if MS hadn't made some of the stupidest decisions they could possibly make. If MS had released a $399 console and had never once mentioned on disc DRM they would have owned the USA and the UK, and they would have retained a much bigger market share in the rest of Europe, Aussie and NZ. No doubt about it. But PS4 would probably still have managed to hold a world wide lead, albeit with a market share in the 30%s as opposed to >50% we see today.

But if you consider Xb one with a market share close to that of PS4, then exclusivity deals like Titanfall, DR3 and Ryse do make sense. RoTR didn't make sense, aside from it was likely a done deal before anyone realised PS4 was going to completely dominate the generation. Still if I was SE and I hadn't signed a RoTR deal before e3 2013 I would have been very wary of any sort of MS timed exclusivity deal.

I thik the only exclusives MS can buy now are full exclusives. The amount they would need to pay for a timed exclusive would be too much for the benefit you get from a timed exclusive, so they might as well pay the extra and get full exclusives. Though I never want to see existing multiplat franchises go full exclusive, and that includes SF5, which isn't actually full exclusive since it's on PC.

But I must also take the time for a petty LOL at all those people here who so firmly believed there would be no PS4 version.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Funny timing, i guess Square was watching Vgchartz

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Funny timing, i guess Square was watching Vgchartz

Or judging by the poll results most VGCharters are good at prediction or are well grounded on truth.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1