By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS4 living up to the standards of it's predecessors?

Angelv577 said:
All I care is that this year I have/will have bloodborne, until dawn, persona 5 and dragon quest heroes follow closely by uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank remake early next year. So far I'm satisfied with what I have until the next batch of exclusives come over. Then I have ton of AAA multiplatform games to look forward to . At the end of the day, I will never experience a drought in games thanks to the excellent formula of combining good 1st parties with 3rd parties games.

PREACH!

Around the Network

tbh I don't think the PS3 came anywhere close to the PS1/PS2, and with PS4, who knows. Way too early in the ball game. Anyone who says yes right now is kidding themselves imho.

The PS3 didn't even come close to the PS1 or PS2 for me. Way too early to say if PS4 will follow the same fate, though I'm interested in more games announced for the PS4 than I was with the PS3 this early in the cycle.

I'd say none of the consoles are living up to their predecessors, but that's just me.

You say you're disappointed with the PS4 yet damn near every thread you make is about the PS4 Lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

PS1? When PS1 was released, the SNES Nintendo games that were released were so much better IMO like it's not a contest. My favorite PS1 game was Tomb Raider (at the beginning), not an exclusive. People were impressed by the cutscenes and higher quality music and the fact that the console looked super cool with its CD player but what about the gameplay of the first PS1 games? Who would want to replay those games now?

PS2? Tons of exclusive games after 1 year and an half? Are you kidding me? what kind of alternate reality is this? During the first year of the console the best games were PS1 games like MGS1 a remaster-ish lol.

First notable exclusive games (for me) was Jak & Daxter released 21 months after the release of the console. Metal gear solid 2 was released 20 months after the release of the console and it was only a timed exclusive.

I bought the PS2 at launch and it was such a disappointment compared to my beloved Dreamcast. Never seen such over hyped console and I still don't understand how it's still is considered as the second messiah of console gaming during its launch period.

MGS4 (which is the worst MGS of the whole franchise IMO, PSP Peace walker included) was released 18 months after PS3 launch (for US gamers) and the rest of the games you mentioned are good but not outstanding. Uncharted 1? Barely a good (8/10) game IMO.

Teeqoz said:
I'd say none of the consoles are living up to their predecessors, but that's just me.

I think i'd actually agree with you. the wii u's first two and a half years are comparable to the wiis first two and a half though.

BraLoD said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

well curmudgeon kind of agrees with what im saying. its not like my opinion is completely invalid and im the only one here who has it.

the ps4 has really disappointed me. 

Never said your opinion is invalid, of course it's not.

But every month you comes with a "put the PS4 in a bad light" thread.

And keep the remaster stuff going on, as you said, the whole lot, you mean a lot, of then, are just 2, that will be 3 later this year.

It's more than obvious you want to make the PS4 look bad to others, with your constant claim it's the same thing as the XBO, yet I don't see threads made by you talking bad about it, bar the time you went with both together, yet focusing on the PS4.

Opinions are never invalid, but your point is not passing your opinion, we both know this.

But I'll let your thread now, I'll be on hold for the next.

This, I'm glad I'm not the only one who see his real intention.

Angelv577 said:
BraLoD said:

Never said your opinion is invalid, of course it's not.

But every month you comes with a "put the PS4 in a bad light" thread.

And keep the remaster stuff going on, as you said, the whole lot, you mean a lot, of then, are just 2, that will be 3 later this year.

It's more than obvious you want to make the PS4 look bad to others, with your constant claim it's the same thing as the XBO, yet I don't see threads made by you talking bad about it, bar the time you went with both together, yet focusing on the PS4.

Opinions are never invalid, but your point is not passing your opinion, we both know this.

But I'll let your thread now, I'll be on hold for the next.

This, I'm glad I'm not the only one who see his real intention.

Oh dont worry, you guys aren't alone on this one.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

It sure is. I have plenty of games for my PS4 and while they are not all exclusives, its still has tons upon tons of games, for every age and group, it has the preference from both indie and third party developers and contains some fantastic features not found in other consoles like Spotify and SharePlay. The PS4 is doing perfectly fine, which is more than you can say about its competition.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian