By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS4 living up to the standards of it's predecessors?

d21lewis said:

We feel the same about the PS2s first year (Dreamcast ftw!) but its second Christmas was legendary!

And before the big guns (Ico, MGS2, DMC, THPS3, SSX2,Kinetica, Jak and Daxter, SH2, and more), we had NBA Street, Red Faction, Zone of the Enders, Onimusha,etc.

Aside from a few disappointing games, and last gen ports, my PS4 experience has been lackluster.  Speaking only for myself, though.  MGSV shouldsatisfy

Well, except Ico, jak & Daxter (only the first because the others were meh) and MGS2 that were truly legendary, I still think that the rest of the games were (and still are) overhyped compared to the games we had on dreamcast, N64 and gamecube that aged much better than the PS2 games you mentioned. 

Or maybe I wasn't that much into that type of games.

Well SSX was really fun except for the fact that the bad 50hz port made the game running with constant judder somehow, which was very upsetting. 

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Sultanofallthings said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

but you at least saw games that can in no way be done on the previous hardware. gears of war was groundbreaking, remember? the ps3 had a bunch of new experiences you absolutely couldnt do on the ps2 as well. and there was also the wii which had a completely new way to play the games, but i dont know if that is relevant to this discussion. these 8th gen consoles are just so lackluster, im sorry.

LOL what? Gears could have easily be done on last gen hardware, just drop the graphics down..there was nothing ground breaking about it. The only thing those games had that ps2 could not be done was graphics....which can be scaled down...sory but thats nonsense.

I think you'll find in previous generations we had games with guns or chainsaws as seperate entities. it was only using the specially designed hardware inside the Xbox360s tri core heart were they able to run the game engine on 1 core and a Gun and chainsaw simultaneously on the other 2 cores making gears of war possible.

devils may cry over the sarcasm.

Not yet, we'll see

RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:
And here you go again.
I'll be waiting for your new thread next month as well.

This is basically flaming with no contribution to the topic whatsoever.

RolStoppable said:

This is basically flaming with no contribution to the topic whatsoever.

This right here is backseat moderating.

RolStoppable said:

This right here is backseat moderating.

And this has crossed the line of spamming.

RolStoppable said:

And this has crossed the line of spamming.

Sigh... more backseat moderating.

RolStoppable said:

Sigh... more backseat moderating.

More spam...

On topic: No.

This made my day.  XD

OT compared to PS3, yes.  Compared to PS2...negative.

As for PSX...I was a ninty fanboy during those times.  =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

lol this guy with this same topic again? 

i can only speak for myself but i'm enjoying my ps4 perhaps a little too much

Around the Network

Looks alright to me. It's not really the PS4's fault of some developer's inability to choose the correct platform.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yes, compared to previous generations with current global economy conditions , especially Japan, the whole world not to mention casual gaming and STEAM as indirect competitor. PS4 already surpass it's predecessor.

if you are not agree try to compare with Xbox brand and Nintendo Consoles with their own predecessor

We can say for sûre PS4 will be thé only console this generarion to surpasse it's predecessor

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Not yet, but too early to tell...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Too early to say. But I prefer the competition over the ps4, which is a not a good sign