By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

_Jameson said:

I'll give you my opinion on why XBOX fans are pushing the 2015 thing.

"Our first party lineup is a little sparse this year, so I think this places even greater emphasis on getting good third party support," Andrew House http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/sony-acknowledges-2015-ps4-first-party-lineup-is-sparse

^ A lot of xbox fans thought they had E3 in the bag. 

At Sony E3 they had 2 big megatons Shenmue 3 and FFVII, the problem here is that these game are in early  production. 

Shenmue we won't see this game for 2-3 years.

FFVII has to be in early production too if this article has any truth to it http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-director-didnt-know-he-was-/1100-6428460/

Seems like Sony avoided 2015 and talk about there 2016-18 line up  to distract us from the now, imo that's why xbox fans pushing this point because they believe sony pulled a fast one.

If one more person decides to overlook Horizon when talking about Sonys E3 conference I will lose my mind.

Also Sony have not pulled a fast one, they have made it clear before that their 2015 lineup is sparse, did you expect them to have a 30 minute conference, then apologize and end the fucking thing? I can't believe that now suddenly Xbox fans are complaining about this shit when MS did the exact same thing last year. Crackdown, Scalebound and Phantom Dust were all announced last E3 and none of them will be out this year, 1 probably won't come at all.

"Oh but MS also talked about 2014 stuff in that year", guess what, Sony could have done that as well, but they decided to get that stuff out of the way before the show mostly. Had Sony decided to talk about Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded and the Uncharted Collection at E3 would people then have been happy?

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Dulfite said:

I was more pointing to the fact that Nintendo actually announced games that 1) they are developing and 2) will come in 2015. 

While I see what you are saying what DerNebel said is also true...you were kind of making special rules for NIN in that post. You can't just discount what doesn't fit your argument. Besides we already pretty much know all that is coming out for PS4/XB1 for this year so why waste a lot of time on that? And you can't not count 3rd party games....I don't care who they are beinbg made by as long as they are good games. I mean truth be told it's the 3rd party games that will drive a system and make it last longer and sell better in my opinion.

I wasn't saying Nintendo had a good show, I just said not taking into consideration third party games (which has nothing to do with the talent of developers for Sony and Microsoft) what are you left with except for a few in house exclusives? I'm not saying those exclusives are bad, or that the third party games on those devices don't help, but in terms of the presentations I generally only consider one of the three to be the winner if it had the best in house (development wise) games and all Sony/Microsoft spent almost all their time on were 3rd party games. Nintendo's first party games were terribly received (including by me) by the majority, but at least they had a bunch that are actually coming in the same year that is in the title E3 2015. I'll enjoy the 2016 games at E3 2016, and the same for 2017. I don't care to know about games years before they are released.

DerNebel said:
_Jameson said:

"Our first party lineup is a little sparse this year, so I think this places even greater emphasis on getting good third party support," Andrew House http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/sony-acknowledges-2015-ps4-first-party-lineup-is-sparse

At Sony E3 they had 2 big megatons Shenmue 3 and FFVII, the problem here is that these game are in early  production. 

FFVII has to be in early production too if this article has any truth to it http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-director-didnt-know-he-was-/1100-6428460/

Seems like Sony avoided 2015 and talk about there 2016-18 line up  to distract us from the now, imo that's why xbox fans pushing this point because they believe sony pulled a fast one.

If one more person decides to overlook Horizon when talking about Sonys E3 conference I will lose my mind.

Thank you! If Horizon is even nearly as good as it looks like it's going to be, it'll easily be a GOTY contender for 2016.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Dulfite said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

While I see what you are saying what DerNebel said is also true...you were kind of making special rules for NIN in that post. You can't just discount what doesn't fit your argument. Besides we already pretty much know all that is coming out for PS4/XB1 for this year so why waste a lot of time on that? And you can't not count 3rd party games....I don't care who they are beinbg made by as long as they are good games. I mean truth be told it's the 3rd party games that will drive a system and make it last longer and sell better in my opinion.

I wasn't saying Nintendo had a good show, I just said not taking into consideration third party games (which has nothing to do with the talent of developers for Sony and Microsoft) what are you left with except for a few in house exclusives? I'm not saying those exclusives are bad, or that the third party games on those devices don't help, but in terms of the presentations I generally only consider one of the three to be the winner if it had the best in house (development wise) games and all Sony/Microsoft spent almost all their time on were 3rd party games. Nintendo's first party games were terribly received (including by me) by the majority, but at least they had a bunch that are actually coming in the same year that is in the title E3 2015. I'll enjoy the 2016 games at E3 2016, and the same for 2017. I don't care to know about games years before they are released.

Okay I got you, I was lost at first. But I understand you were focusing only on 2015 and 1st party titles. I guess that is one way to look at it, and it does tend to still HIGHLY favor NIN doing it like that because they have like almost no 3rd party support and rely on their 1st party titles so they will always shine in that aspect. That's why it came off as odd I guess because it seemed like you were creating a scenario to favor NIN.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

_Jameson said:

So now third party games don't matter and it's all about first party games?  Is that because Microsoft only showed off first party exclusive games at Microsoft's E3 conference (Halo 5, Forza 6, Rare collection, Gears 4, and Fable Legends)?  So does Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse: Son of Rome, etc don't matter now because they are third party exclusives?  Or perhaps you and many other Xbox fans misread that quote into thinking that Sony "got no games for 2015" because the first party games are a little sparse.  I guess some people will only see what they want to see instead of fully comprehending the entire quote.  

I think I now understand what wins an E3 conference:  First party games only count when they are released this holiday season. Third party games don't count unless they release on a Microsoft console.  Indies are great when they take up a ton of time on Microsoft's E3 conference stage. BAD Sony *slaps on wrist* for showing off indies and not focusing on games in prior E3 conferences.  But Hololens and Oculus Rift is great, go Microsoft!  Project Morpheus bad!

*Sony shows off a ton of great games like Shenmue III, FFVII, TLG, Horizion: Zero Dawn, etc*

Well "these games are in early production".  "We won't see [these] game[s] for 2-3 years."  *Glares back at Halo 5: Guardians and Quantum Break CGI trailers that were shown 2 years ago at Microsoft's 2013 E3 conference*.  It's funny how these games STILL haven't released yet but are getting all of the praise.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Isn't megatons big surprises? we've known about that game for months. Not downplaying Horizon(I only mention things that were big surprises that the media flip out to), it was in my fav top 3 games shown at E3with uncharted and recore.

_Jameson said:
DerNebel said:

Isn't megatons big surprises? we've known about that game for months. Not downplaying Horizon, it was in my fav top 3 games shown at E3with uncharted and recore.

Seeing actual gameplay wasn't a surprise?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
_Jameson said:
DerNebel said:

Isn't megatons big surprises? we've known about that game for months. Not downplaying Horizon, it was in my fav top 3 games shown at E3with uncharted and recore.

Seeing actual gameplay wasn't a surprise?

I edited my last post.

_Jameson said:
DerNebel said:

Isn't megatons big surprises? we've known about that game for months. Not downplaying Horizon(I only mention things that were big surprises that the media flip out to), it was in my fav top 3 games shown at E3with uncharted and recore.

But being honest, nobody expected Horizon to be that mind blowing considering who was behind and with real gameplay, the best new IP announcement at E3 easily

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

But anyone analysing E3 from an objective pov  would see that PS4 was the king of the show, much more exclusive announcements than any other console , much more gameplay showed ( for 2015 games or later , to know that, you just need to be informed and follow the live coverage during E3, it's funny to see people spreading bullshit about "the lack of 2015 PS4 games at E3 " whereas it's the console with the most )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m