By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

_Jameson said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

But who downplayed it? I haven't seen anyone down playing it. I have seen Sony not get praise for having games for the entire year while MS hasn't. But I keep seeing MS get praised because of the games they have coming fo rthe Holidays but nothing being said about them having nothing before the Holidays. It is like a double edged sword with MS/Sony fans....it is just weird.

I guess you didn't see the 2015 retail list? go back some pages. 

That list is just for transparency to what's being released later this year and to put an end to the "sparse" rhetoric. There was no downplaying. It only shows what is what.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
_Jameson said:

In what way making a list is downplaying X1 ? IT's just putting facts together to show the truth and stop the " no games " bullshit

Is making a list " Vita vs 3DS " downplay Vita because the library is a kinda smaller than 3DS one ?

Aerys didn't I debate you on that "list" 3 pages ago, we've gone full circle. ^_^

_Jameson said:
Aerys said:

In what way making a list is downplaying X1 ? IT's just putting facts together to show the truth and stop the " no games " bullshit

Is making a list " Vita vs 3DS " downplay Vita because the library is a kinda smaller than 3DS one ?

Aerys didn't I debate you on that "list" 3 pages ago, we've gone full circle. ^_^

Yes but you didnt explain in what way this list downplay X1, you talked about sales, this list is about games for gamers interested in what's coming, not for shareholders

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

BMaker11 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

ive seen the stats youre talking about and ive seen the lists, dont worry.

what if i were to tell you that the wii in 2008 had 150 exclusives for the year (im pulling that number jsut as an example, but i honestly wouldnt be surprised if it were somewhere around that number. the wii had a fucking shit ton of exclusives), whereas the ps3 and 360 each had somewhere around 50 exclusives.

what if i sent you a list of titles that actually verified that? would that tell you anything meaningful? would you say, "damn the wii does have the most exclusives and clearly has the best lineup with all the games it has coming out for it." is that what you would say? im just curious. im trying to make a point here.

the list would look something like this:
wii: purr pals, real hero fire fighters, build a bear workshop, survivor, spy fox in dry cereal, imagine: babyz, attack of the movies 3d, etc.

sure, theyre all exclusives.. but what does that really mean? would you say that the wii had nothing lined up for the holiday, or would you recognize these titles as delivering the goods to the gamers?

But.....the titles on PS4 aren't shovelware. That's the difference.

Say what you want about "not driving people to get a PS4", but other than the "legitimate reason to get an XBOne" in Halo 5 (PS4 did have Bloodborne, you know), what's driving people to get XBOne? Tomb Raider? You discounted games in this category since it will be available on 360 (like, say, Persona 5 will be on PS3). Gears remaster? Well, there's an Uncharted Collection. And God of War remaster. Only game that really stands out that meets your criteria of Xbox "having games" while the PS4 doesn't is the Rare Replay, but let's be honest. You can play 24 out of the 30 games right now. And you don't need some high spec, "I don't need an Xbox, I can just play these games on my PC" super computer to do it, either. The run of the mill family computer that your house got for Christmas last year because the house needed one can run those games via roms, with no hiccups. Sure, you could go the "I want to support the developer" route, which is noble, no doubt. But I was playing Banjo Kazooie and Conker's BFD on Project 64, before the Rare Replay announcement. As were many others, since it's just freeware, now. So is this kind of announcement really going to be something that people will drop $350 for (or $400, if all the 500GB sell and are phased out by then, which I doubt, since there's still AC bundles out in the wild)?

So, which side looks more "bare bones" now?  

first of all, youre making it sound like im saying the only legitimate reason to get a console was for the exclusives, which is not what i said at all. also, i never said x1 had any games either. both consoles are bare bones when it comes to exclusives that you could only get on that platform. there is nothing driving people to specifically get a ps4 or x1, i honestly think most people are buying one just for third party games.

Jimbo1337 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

im bringing it up because it is in a thread about the e3 press conferences. yes, sony dropped big bombs, but we have no idea when those bombs are coming out, and even if they are coming out (well, some of them). like i said before, they should have had something this fall that they could have been able to announce. instead, they gave us a game that doesnt look like it has changed at all since its first showing (last guardian, what have they been doing with this title for all these years? at least it still exists), an announcement of a remake that was nothing but CG (no gameplay, really?) and an announcement of a kickstarter which just doesnt sit well or seem right to me. i mean, i get that these are big names to drop, but when you look past that, you have to ask yourself what are they even really giving you? horizon was the biggest and best thing out of all three conferences combined, so that was a great looking game that we actually saw detailed gameplay for and we know is coming soon. 

i know everything i just wrote is going to piss you off, but please just try to remember that its just my opinion. i dont feel like sony gave us much that was solid or concrete and people look past all of that and overwhelmingly give them the win. i think MS had a much better show. and while nintendo had a terrible show with a terrible presentation, theyre delivering the goods which at the end of the day is what we are really all here for. but this topic isnt about that, it is about conferences. 

First off, you need to educate yourself by listening to Adam Boyes speak about Shenmue III found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dL198n2d0o

You know what "doesn't sit well or seem right to me"?  The fact that right before E3 2014, Shenmue III was voted XB1's most requested game:

http://www.xb1.co.uk/xbox-one-news/shemnue-3-voted-xbox-ones-most-wanted-game/

however Phil Spencer states that that can't fund the game because "it's a Sega game" yet Sony managed to do what MS deemed impossible one year later:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-s-phil-spencer-biggest-request-i-get-is-to-bring-back-shenmue/1100-6418687/

I find it funny that you bash Sony for the same things that made Microsoft successful back in E3 2014.  If the E3 conference isn't done how Microsoft does it, then the competition loses.  Microsoft's E3 2014 conference included COD: Advanced Warefare, Forza Horizon 2, Evolve, Assassins Creed: Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo MCC, Halo 5 Beta, Inside, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, Phantom Dust, The Division, Scalebound, and Crackdown.  

So Microsoft was praised for a bunch of multiplats, Halo: MCC (Just like Uncharted Collection), and Sunset Overdrive (Tearaway: Unfolded, Persona 5, Until Dawn).  But Halo: MCC is THE BEST remaster ever while Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection is just trying to copy them.  Sunset Overdrive is not niche, but Until Dawn, Persona 5, Tearaway is niche.  Scalebound and Crackdown were awesome CG trailers yet FFVII is just "CG (no gameplay, really?)" We saw Forza Horizon 2 gameplay, but TLG gameplay hasn't changed much..."what have they been doing with this title for all of these years?"

So Sony matched everything that Microsoft did back at E3 2014 except they also dropped 3 HUGE bombs.  But Sony's E3 2015 wasn't in the same format as Microsoft's E3 2015 conference, so therefore, they lose.  

After Microsoft's E3 2014 conference:  "It's all about the games!  Did you see how many games they announced for this year and beyond?"

After Microsoft's E3 2015 conference: "What's important now is just the games that are announced this holiday 2015!  I want to know what I can play now and not next year!"

So please tell me, what format is the correct format so we can set things straight.  Is Microsoft's E3 2014 conference the correct format, where they show CG trailers and a bunch of multiplats?  Or is it showcasing just the games that are coming this year like what was shown at Microsoft's E3 2015 conference? 

personally, i hate CG trailers. i like trailers with substance. i give props to sony for more bombs, because that is what e3 is all about. i just think microsoft gave more substance this year. sony was more about showing games that might show up some time in the future later. i mean, honestly, sony DOES have a history of falling through on promises.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
_Jameson said:
Aerys said:

Yes but you didnt explain in what way this list downplay X1, you talked about sales, this list is about games for gamers interested in what's coming, not for shareholders

If we're not talking about sales, I don't know what you want me to say, debating about the quality of the lineup is a personal preference thing.

_Jameson said:
Aerys said:
_Jameson said:
Aerys said:

If we're not talking about sales, I don't know what you want me to say, debating about the quality of the lineup is a personal preference thing.

So it's not downplaying to put both line up side by side, you can also be objective even with preferences, i always prefered Vita but i get that 3DS has more quality games by fact, even if the best handheld games are on Vita for me on this gen

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

_Jameson said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

But who downplayed it? I haven't seen anyone down playing it. I have seen Sony not get praise for having games for the entire year while MS hasn't. But I keep seeing MS get praised because of the games they have coming fo rthe Holidays but nothing being said about them having nothing before the Holidays. It is like a double edged sword with MS/Sony fans....it is just weird.

I saw the list...but how was that downplaying anything? The list always gets pulled because of people constantly saying Sony has nothing for this year to show that they have plenty of games for this year. So how is that downplaying MS?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Aerys said:
_Jameson said:

If you do a Vita vs 3ds list, it will be the 3ds fans who will be mad about you, because the vita got more games coming than 3ds, who got a really really weak year (same for 2014, a little better for 2016).

Both got good games anyway, so who care.

ZombieVito said:

I'm amazed at Microsoft's %. It's way too high.

That backwards compatibility is real.