By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

Aerys said:

But being honest, nobody expected Horizon to be that mind blowing considering who was behind and with real gameplay, the best new IP announcement at E3 easily

What? Visually, everyone expected Horizon to be mind blowing. Guerilla Games have always delivered from a visual point of view. Gameplay wise, it was a question mark, but I don't recall seeing anyone saying the game would be bad in that regard because of GG being behind the game.

Around the Network

If I had to choose a line up and I got to play them in 2015-16, I would pick SONY but they are coming much later. Microsoft has games now and imo that shouldn't be downplayed.

Hynad said:
Aerys said:

But being honest, nobody expected Horizon to be that mind blowing considering who was behind and with real gameplay, the best new IP announcement at E3 easily

What? Visually, everyone expected Horizon to be mind blowing. Guerilla Games have always delivered from a visual point of view. Gameplay wise, it was a question mark, but I don't recall seeing anyone saying the game would be bad in that regard because of GG being behind the game.

Not that mind blowing, seriously, that's why it's the E3 game for a lot of journalist, it's far ahead of The Witcher 3 or any other open world so far technically, i never saw someone expected that kind of visuals, animation, modelisation physic and life in an open world from GG, most were shocked during the gameplay. Same for the gameplay, no one imagined it to be that good, a FPS developer making a RPG, msot had doubts.

Most people expected a decent open world with great visuals only.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

_Jameson said:

If I had to choose a line up and I got to play them in 2015-16, I would pick SONY but they are coming much later. Microsoft has games now and imo that shouldn't be downplayed.

Sony has games for now AND later on PS4, that makes it's futur much brighter and less blurry.

Why choose games only for now ?Not downplaying what Ms has now but it's not more than what PS4 has, at all. And it's more and more obvious that the library gap will be huge between both consoles, thanks to japanese and first party support on PS4, we know Microsoft has one more announcement to make at Gamescom, while Sony has many others this year, DQ XI, Level 5 game ( if its not DQ), Gravity Rush 2 PS4, Quantic Dream game, Sony Bend game and much more, there is really no comparison this generation, the gap between PS and Xbox library will be much bigger

_Jameson said:

But who downplayed it? I haven't seen anyone down playing it. I have seen Sony not get praise for having games for the entire year while MS hasn't. But I keep seeing MS get praised because of the games they have coming fo rthe Holidays but nothing being said about them having nothing before the Holidays. It is like a double edged sword with MS/Sony fans....it is just weird.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Aerys said:

I personally thought the gameplay was quite exceptional. Sure, some of the gameplay was standard fare, but there was some cool mechanics in the game.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

While on the surface Sony might appear to have had the more compelling show, the technology that Microsoft is showing off might actually be the better indicator of these company's future fortunes. The HoloLens incorporates image recognition technology that's not unlike what Google is using for its self-driving cars. In a separate demonstration earlier this year, MS showed how the technology can be used to help machines in the real world recognize and interact with their surroundings. This is game changing, and it suggests that the world may be changing very significantly in the next couple of decades. Microsoft is one of a few companies that's at the forefront of advancements in machine learning, and this technology applies to an endless number of fields, including gaming. The rules might be changing in the near future, and I think Microsoft, with its long history of investment in these technologies, is in a good position.

Jimbo1337 said:
Sharpryno said:

Our idea of "giant bombs" is very different.  Couldn't care less about a FF7 remake.  Have been sick of hearing about the franchise.  Isn't this lame anime FF 15 and FF World coming out before it?  What a joke.  And it is multiplat?  Just do not get why people drool over a simple jrpg.  what is it two years away or so.  zzzz

TLG, looked boring, wasn't a suprise, looks very similar to when it was first revealed, late 2016 at the earliest.  Who cares.  Save it for next e3.  Nostalgic kiddies everywhere.  

Horizon looked dope, but what is that? early 2017?  Who cares.  We will be gaming at 12k on our PC's in 2017. 

Uncharted, cool gameplay video, game looks great and I'll probably get a PS4 when it comes out.  But nothing shocking here.  

Ah yes, the embarrassment that is Shenmue.  Cool they are bringing it back.  But it really is not that big of a deal.  It will just be a continuation of an average story at best.  $30 digital title = little content, short game.  Advertising a kickstarter at E3, just sad.   Might as well start the trend with every AAA release to see if people will buy it before wasting and risking man hours developing.  Basically next-level pre ordering.  Anyone fine with this way of doing business for a company like Sony should stop kidding themselves. 

So then explain to me what was so exciting about Microsoft's E3 2015 conference.

Nothing, both were just really good conferences.  Sony's conference last year was horrible, but they learned how to actually do a presentation this time around. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
_Jameson said:

But who downplayed it? I haven't seen anyone down playing it. I have seen Sony not get praise for having games for the entire year while MS hasn't. But I keep seeing MS get praised because of the games they have coming fo rthe Holidays but nothing being said about them having nothing before the Holidays. It is like a double edged sword with MS/Sony fans....it is just weird.

I guess you didn't see the 2015 retail list? go back some pages. 

_Jameson said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I guess you didn't see the 2015 retail list? go back some pages. 

In what way making a list is downplaying X1 ? IT's just putting facts together to show the truth and stop the " no games " bullshit

Is making a list " Vita vs 3DS " downplay Vita because the library is a kinda smaller than 3DS one ?