By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

NathObeaN said:
All depends on what you look for in a conference really. If it is for hype and excitement and games you will play this fall, I think Sony delivered. If you want to know what games you will be playing this fall, Microsoft delivered.

Fixed, Sony delivered everywhere at E3

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
BMaker11 said:

Seriously.

It keeps being shown that PS4 has multiple games coming out, but somehow it keeps being repeated that they have nothing. XBOne had nothing all year and then has a few in the last few months. PS4 has had games coming all year. Stop discounting Jan-October just so you can say "Sony has nothing while MS has Games X,Y,Z for the holiday". PS4 had games A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,X,T,U,V,W before the holiday.

ok, seriously guys, im going to try to break this down as consicely and as clearly as possible. ps4 does have a bunch of releases for the holiday. they are a bunch of third party releases that you dont necessarily need a ps4 for. i recognize those titles and i recognize that a lot of people would buy a ps4 for that, and theyre legitimate reasons to buy a ps4. but when we say that they have nothing lined up for the holiday, we are talking about ps4 exclusives that sony is responsible for. games that sony had a hand in, in order to bring customers to their console specifically. as far as this list goes, three of those games should be in the "+ps3" column, and two of them have already released. what is remaining is really what youre looking at for this fall. 

so to reiterate, this is what we mean when we say sony has nothing for fall. its not that there is literally nothing for the system, but there is nothing that is really driving you to get a ps4 specifically. although ps4 is a great option to play all the games, you dont necessarily need one. i hope that kind of clears up this idea of sony not having any games. when you really take a good look at the ps4 only column, youll see that its pretty bare bones, which is kind of sad.

You can buy a PS4 in the Fall for something that came out before then you know.  Sony should not be faulted for releasing stuff throughout the year.  This sentence to discout what they've done for the whole year is absurd because the more they come out with during the year the more people have to go with their system in the Fall and it will be cheaper!

I am Iron Man

OnlyForDisplay said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

That backwards compatibility is real.

It would have been tremendous if the annoucement was made at the beginning of the generation Alfredo-San. Maybe that could have been something that could have somewhat turned around the Xbox One's fourtunes.

I don't know about world wide but if the Xbone launched as it is RIGHT NOW? With BC thrown in? I think it would be clear and away the leader in the US. The fact that it's neck and neck after that horrible launch is nothing short of a miracle.

AlfredoTurkey said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

It would have been tremendous if the annoucement was made at the beginning of the generation Alfredo-San. Maybe that could have been something that could have somewhat turned around the Xbox One's fourtunes.

I don't know about world wide but if the Xbone launched as it is RIGHT NOW? With BC thrown in? I think it would be clear and away the leader in the US. The fact that it's neck and neck after that horrible launch is nothing short of a miracle.

But you could say that with almost any system 2yrs after it has been on the market. If the PS4 would have launched as it is right now the situation could actually be the same. And I think the reason it is neck and neck is due to aggressive price cutting and deals for the XB1 in my opinion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

But you could say that with almost any system 2yrs after it has been on the market. If the PS4 would have launched as it is right now the situation could actually be the same. And I think the reason it is neck and neck is due to aggressive price cutting and deals for the XB1 in my opinion.

The PS4 right now, is pretty much unchanged from 2013. It has a few new apps and stuff, but for the most part, it is the same great product that it is now back then. Xbox One went from a DRM, TV no used game, kinect focused piece of shit to a no DRM, gaming focused, used game abled, kinectless console with a new UI (and a newer one coming this fall), new controller, BC and two free games a month. 

It's really not a fair example.

Around the Network

My apologies I just realized what I wrote I was thinking PS3 and the disaster it was at launch and said PS4 and then even tired it in to this gen....sigh....when doing multiple things at once goes wrong lol. But my point was in my head that....sure things could have been different for a lot of consoles if they could have gone back in time after the fact and fixed what they messed up. But why even focus on it when there is no way of ever knowing?

The gaming market is always a toss up from one generation to the next.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23