By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

DerNebel said:
Dulfite said:
Minus the 2016-2018 games, and minus the 3rd party games, as bad as Nintendo's was they still had better games than the other two taking those two things into consideration.

Minus everything that wasn't a new IP and everything that wasn't revealed with gameplay Sony absolutely crushed the other conferences taking those two things into consideration.

Making up special rules to have my team win is fun.

I was more pointing to the fact that Nintendo actually announced games that 1) they are developing and 2) will come in 2015. 

Around the Network
_Jameson said:
Hynad said:

I see... So it doesn't matter if a library is diverse. All that counts is whether or not a game has a high budget and sells a lot. The quality of the games is irrelevent.  OK...

If I didn't make it clear sorry, I don't want to debate individuals preferences or quality . I'm debating what will help sell more console short term(hoilday season)

Well, that's just it. People discount games like Tearaway because it doesn't cater to their "hardcore" needs for blockbuster games. But during the holidays, a lot of parents are looking for games to get for their kids, along with the console. So I think discounting these kind of games because they don't cater to the usual forums dwellers here is a little short sighted.

But again, the topic isn't about who won holiday 2015. It's about who won E3... -___-

The phrase this holiday season really annoys me for some reason. Maybe because it's so american

JRPGfan said:
Aerys said:

If you are talking about sales, dont worry, Sony has the most relevant deals ( Star Wars, COD, AC, ... ) , we saw how deals make the difference with Destiny ( and COD+AC for One)

Sometimes they dont though.

Witcher 3 and xbox, and look how that turned out.

They do when the game is enough big for that, TW3 wasnt, when you are in the dominated position, only a major system seller can help you ( like COD), thats why the average system sellers will always profit more to PS4, it's hard to fight against the dominative console, so if this console also has huge deals for christmas, Halo wont be enough to win holidays, and even Fallout 4+TR the same day wont be enough for X1 to outsell PS4 the week ( since COD and AC release before, their effect will last during all the holidays, until Star Wars release, that will have a very big effect and a second effet after Star Wars VII) , people will be really surprised to see how it will be difficult for X1 in few months because they think " Halo = easy win " , the sales will bring them back in reality, the one winning holidays is the one with the most major system sellers deals

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

_Jameson said:
Hynad said:

I see... So it doesn't matter if a library is diverse. All that counts is whether or not a game has a high budget and sells a lot. The quality of the games is irrelevent.  OK...

If I didn't make it clear sorry, I don't want to debate individuals preferences or quality . I'm debating what will help sell more console short term(hoilday season)

In the last 4 months of this year, the ps4 has 7 retail exclusives releasing and the xbox one has 2 retail exclusives/ 1 timed retail exclusive releasing. There's still plenty of events for both to announce more exclusive games for the end of this year.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
_Jameson said:

Well, that's just it. People discount games like Tearaway because it doesn't cater to their "hardcore" needs for blockbuster games. But during the holidays, a lot of parents are looking for games to get for their kids, along with the console. So I think discounting these kind of games because they don't cater to the usual forums dwellers here is a little short sighted.

But again, the topic isn't about who won holiday 2015. It's about who won E3... -___-

Isn't it? Microsoft E3 was about games we'll play this year, and that list was downing playing their 2015 line up ^_^

Aeolus451 said:
_Jameson said:

In the last 4 months of this year, the ps4 has 7 retail exclusives releasing and the xbox one has 2 retail exclusives/ 1 timed retail exclusive releasing. There's still plenty of events for both to announce more exclusive games for the end of this year.

that's true but we can't debate unknowns.

Nintendo got 15% for best conference? Wow Nintendo really has a loyal following. Nintendo fans are to nice, sometimes you have complain and moan. That's how we got The Last Guardian, FF7 remake and Shenmue 3, just keep nagging about it haha.

Dulfite said:
DerNebel said:
Dulfite said:
Minus the 2016-2018 games, and minus the 3rd party games, as bad as Nintendo's was they still had better games than the other two taking those two things into consideration.

Minus everything that wasn't a new IP and everything that wasn't revealed with gameplay Sony absolutely crushed the other conferences taking those two things into consideration.

Making up special rules to have my team win is fun.

I was more pointing to the fact that Nintendo actually announced games that 1) they are developing and 2) will come in 2015. 

While I see what you are saying what DerNebel said is also true...you were kind of making special rules for NIN in that post. You can't just discount what doesn't fit your argument. Besides we already pretty much know all that is coming out for PS4/XB1 for this year so why waste a lot of time on that? And you can't not count 3rd party games....I don't care who they are beinbg made by as long as they are good games. I mean truth be told it's the 3rd party games that will drive a system and make it last longer and sell better in my opinion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

RubberWhistleHistle said:

im bringing it up because it is in a thread about the e3 press conferences. yes, sony dropped big bombs, but we have no idea when those bombs are coming out, and even if they are coming out (well, some of them). like i said before, they should have had something this fall that they could have been able to announce. instead, they gave us a game that doesnt look like it has changed at all since its first showing (last guardian, what have they been doing with this title for all these years? at least it still exists), an announcement of a remake that was nothing but CG (no gameplay, really?) and an announcement of a kickstarter which just doesnt sit well or seem right to me. i mean, i get that these are big names to drop, but when you look past that, you have to ask yourself what are they even really giving you? horizon was the biggest and best thing out of all three conferences combined, so that was a great looking game that we actually saw detailed gameplay for and we know is coming soon. 

i know everything i just wrote is going to piss you off, but please just try to remember that its just my opinion. i dont feel like sony gave us much that was solid or concrete and people look past all of that and overwhelmingly give them the win. i think MS had a much better show. and while nintendo had a terrible show with a terrible presentation, theyre delivering the goods which at the end of the day is what we are really all here for. but this topic isnt about that, it is about conferences. 

First off, you need to educate yourself by listening to Adam Boyes speak about Shenmue III found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dL198n2d0o

You know what "doesn't sit well or seem right to me"?  The fact that right before E3 2014, Shenmue III was voted XB1's most requested game:

http://www.xb1.co.uk/xbox-one-news/shemnue-3-voted-xbox-ones-most-wanted-game/

however Phil Spencer states that that can't fund the game because "it's a Sega game" yet Sony managed to do what MS deemed impossible one year later:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-s-phil-spencer-biggest-request-i-get-is-to-bring-back-shenmue/1100-6418687/

I find it funny that you bash Sony for the same things that made Microsoft successful back in E3 2014.  If the E3 conference isn't done how Microsoft does it, then the competition loses.  Microsoft's E3 2014 conference included COD: Advanced Warefare, Forza Horizon 2, Evolve, Assassins Creed: Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo MCC, Halo 5 Beta, Inside, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, Phantom Dust, The Division, Scalebound, and Crackdown.  

So Microsoft was praised for a bunch of multiplats, Halo: MCC (Just like Uncharted Collection), and Sunset Overdrive (Tearaway: Unfolded, Persona 5, Until Dawn).  But Halo: MCC is THE BEST remaster ever while Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection is just trying to copy them.  Sunset Overdrive is not niche, but Until Dawn, Persona 5, Tearaway is niche.  Scalebound and Crackdown were awesome CG trailers yet FFVII is just "CG (no gameplay, really?)" We saw Forza Horizon 2 gameplay, but TLG gameplay hasn't changed much..."what have they been doing with this title for all of these years?"

So Sony matched everything that Microsoft did back at E3 2014 except they also dropped 3 HUGE bombs.  But Sony's E3 2015 wasn't in the same format as Microsoft's E3 2015 conference, so therefore, they lose.  

After Microsoft's E3 2014 conference:  "It's all about the games!  Did you see how many games they announced for this year and beyond?"

After Microsoft's E3 2015 conference: "What's important now is just the games that are announced this holiday 2015!  I want to know what I can play now and not next year!"

So please tell me, what format is the correct format so we can set things straight.  Is Microsoft's E3 2014 conference the correct format, where they show CG trailers and a bunch of multiplats?  Or is it showcasing just the games that are coming this year like what was shown at Microsoft's E3 2015 conference?