By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will have no local split-screen for Campaign or MP - "performance related compromise"

ethomaz said:

JNK said:

So wheres the problem making the split screen run in 30 fps too?

Mario Kart 8 does run 30 fps in 3 and 4 player local mode and that was NEVER a reason for me not to use it if 3 or 4 friends are around.

If anybody hate 30 fps he is allowed to just not use local coop. +Thats wa bad excuse, they just think its not worth to develop because it wouldnt effec sales much

That was my first post in thread... why not 30fps for splitscreen?

Who knows if 30FPS is the issue.  The tweet said performance and that covers a wide range of things.  I am sure its not as simple as splitting the frame rate for each window.

Personally i always believe its best for developers to not answer such questions on twitter.  Those little short answers will never make anyone understand and only cause unnessary debate on limited info.

Around the Network

Nintendo is setting trends once again with Splatoon and its lack of split screen multiplayer.

Last time I did Split screen was Reach... guess it wasn't that long ago...

Not like I have friends anymore so I don't really care. #SocialReject

Very, very disappointed

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I'm not into Halo, never was, probably wont be. I appreciate the appeal.

However, one of the best time's I had is me and a friend playing the Halo 3 campaign over and over again on his 360 in splitscreen mode, and it sucks people wont be able to have a similar experience to that in Halo 5.

Although it does seem to be a vocal minority that care about this deeply.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:
Why not make the split screen 30fps? Halo always played good in 30fps.

This. I think they are full of crap and basically don´t want to release the game with splitscreen, hoping to sell more copies.

And get more Xbox live subsciptions. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:

This. I think they are full of crap and basically don´t want to release the game with splitscreen, hoping to sell more copies.

20 Maps on disk. 

15 Free maps as DLC. 

Largest Halo game to date. 

... I think they are doing just fine. no splitscreen is a small loss. 

MoHasanie said:
Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:

Well it's possible apparently to play Co-Op online with an Xboxlive Silver account or Xbox live free so it does mean it's possible to enjoy Co-Op without paying beyond the price of the game, but the lack of couch split screen for me is pretty huge, I've played from From 1>4 and odst/reach co-op split screen it was always a huge element of what made Halo great, it's one thing to say that Xbox is popular now but still... it wont be the same after a big fire fight is over to pause the game and go have a drink and a laugh or so locally.

I'm well aware that a lot of people enjoy online co-op now, but to cut the feature out of a game and then point to it and say hey look no one is playing splitscreen nowadays is just wrong.

Had issues getting Hyped for 5 tho for a while now and when they announced this (was well before E3 they said this btw) It really didn't help that lack of excitement.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I would prefer the performance advantages over split screen any day. These days most gamers game online and its rather useless and not necessary anymore. Glad they choose to focus on the solo play. Multiplayer from what I have played from the beta is amazing and the best so far in the series, that's hoping they stick to the beta formula. Day one for me.

ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:

Well it's possible apparently to play Co-Op online with an Xboxlive Silver account or Xbox live free so it does mean it's possible to enjoy Co-Op without paying beyond the price of the game, but the lack of couch split screen for me is pretty huge, I've played from From 1>4 and odst/reach co-op split screen it was always a huge element of what made Halo great, it's one thing to say that Xbox is popular now but still... it wont be the same after a big fire fight is over to pause the game and go have a drink and a laugh or so locally.

I'm well aware that a lot of people enjoy online co-op now, but to cut the feature out of a game and then point to it and say hey look no one is playing splitscreen nowadays is just wrong.

Had issues getting Hyped for 5 tho for a while now and when they announced this (was well before E3 they said this btw) It really didn't help that lack of excitement.

343 said that they made a mistake when they said silver accounts can play the campain in co-op:

''Co-op campaign will require Xbox Live Gold to play.''

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/clarity-regarding-halo-5-guardians-online-co-op-access

I agree with everything else you said. Splitscreen is still important. In Feb 2014, only 17m had a Gold account on an install base of 85m consoles. That's less than 25% of Xbox owners having Gold. So what do the other 75% people do if they want to play the game with friends and family? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54