By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will have no local split-screen for Campaign or MP - "performance related compromise"

JNK said:
So the 360 was able to do i but the way stronger xbox one cant do it? ah okay :D

360 versions was 30fps, no?

Around the Network

Can't they just lower the resolution then?

ethomaz said:
JNK said:
So the 360 was able to do i but the way stronger xbox one cant do it? ah okay :D

360 versions was 30fps, no?

So wheres the problem making the split screen run in 30 fps too?

Mario Kart 8 does run 30 fps in 3 and 4 player local mode and that was NEVER a reason for me not to use it if 3 or 4 friends are around.

If anybody hate 30 fps he is allowed to just not use local coop. +Thats wa bad excuse, they just think its not worth to develop because it wouldnt effec sales much

From what I've read, you will still be able to have two people on the same console playing online. So, yeah.

ohmylanta1003 said:
BMaker11 said:

Wait, does this include local multiplayer and taking a team of 4 onto XBL? If so, that sucks.

But it won't be a huge thing to whine about.

If that's the case, then my chances of getting an Xbox One will drop to 0. I almost got one for Christmas last year (it was already purchased, actually) but backed out after the MCC issues. I was waiting to see how Halo 5 would turn out, but if there is zero split screen whatsoever, I will definitely not be buying an Xbox One.

The MCC runs fine now. I haven't had one issue.. in and out of parties. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
War zone and 60 fps > split screen

Thats not a valid excuse. Split screen gameplay is generally at a lower FPS, even in Halo:MCC. The option of split screen should be an option over 60 fps at all times.

Personally, I dont buy the 60 fps excuse. There must be other reasons.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I remember 343 and Bungie talking about Split screen and how much resources it took to do. As always its probably more to do with time and resources to accomplish the task than anything else.  Development is always compromise and usually time is the big killer.  Guessing that 343 is totally focus on getting that 60FPS first. I am sure if people make enough steam about it, later down the line they 343 patch it in.

I know it will be missed by me since my son and I played all of the Halos Split Screen including the MCC version now. One person put it clearly, people moaned about 1080P 60FPS for First person shooters and the consensus seems to be more important.

Seems crazy people totally dismissing the game for this feature. I can understand you enjoyed the feature but I would think you would be wiling to see how the complete game turned out before dismissing the game.

JNK said:

So wheres the problem making the split screen run in 30 fps too?

Mario Kart 8 does run 30 fps in 3 and 4 player local mode and that was NEVER a reason for me not to use it if 3 or 4 friends are around.

If anybody hate 30 fps he is allowed to just not use local coop. +Thats wa bad excuse, they just think its not worth to develop because it wouldnt effec sales much

That was my first post in thread... why not 30fps for splitscreen?

ethomaz said:
Why not make the split screen 30fps? Halo always played good in 30fps.

This. I think they are full of crap and basically don´t want to release the game with splitscreen, hoping to sell more copies.

This is a huge issue for me, it was one as well with Splatoon.

I'd rather have splitscreen local and online than silly voice chat.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides