By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

There are not Interested In High End Specs from GC era, so I dont see why this come like surprise. But this doesnt mean that next console will be weaker than PS4/XboxOne but probably means it want be much stronger. By the time next Nintendo home console will arrive, PS4/Xbox One will have half of their lifetime, so certainly they won't be High End Specs than.

I predict spec for next Nintendo home console around or little above PS4 power.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Why wouldn't they just do both though? A affordable casual console and a "pro" console. Their own games release on both systems, and if they have a cool idea like with the Wii the cheaper casual system makes it accessable to more people.

Well they probably do that in some way, only handheld for casuals and home for more advance players.

Miyamotoo said:
There are not Interested In High End Specs from GC era, so I dont see why this come like surprise. But this doesnt mean that next console will be weaker than PS4/XboxOne but probably means it want be much stronger. By the time next Nintendo home console will arrive, PS4/Xbox One will have half of their lifetime, so certainly they won't be High End Specs than.

I think considerably lower. 

If they're doing the whole "shared games between console and handheld", it will be very, very difficult to get PS4-ish performance into a portable unless the games have to be completely redesigned for the two platforms, which defeats the whole point of the concept. 

My guess is more like the GCN to Wii jump. Wii U graphics on portable, 1080P Wii U graphics on the console. 

I don't think Nintendo has any interest in making games with PS4 sized budgets either. They probably feel even Wii U budgets are too expensive as is and for their style of games, even a Wii U level of power is enough to create an eye pleasing game if they want to spend the money on it (see Mario Kart 8). 

I'm not buying the NX then. Its not as if the Wii U situation wasn't bad enough they want to do the same to NX.

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

I wish that he would get interested in making their next system region free. Ain't right that there's such a huge wait for games in the NA region but everywhere else a game is already out.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:
I'm not buying the NX then. Its not as if the Wii U situation wasn't bad enough they want to do the same to NX.

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

Reggie I'll give a break to, he doesn't really have any say in any hardware/software decisions I don't think, but Iwata/Miyamoto/Takeda are the big three on Nintendo's board of directors and yeah, I feel like they've led Nintendo's console division in particular down the toilet (in terms of market standing) and I do feel they will f*ck up the console NX (if there is a portable companion that should do OK at least). 

Zero faith in these three at all. They don't know want they're doing. Miyamoto is a great designer, but that's all he should be doing ... designing games, not sitting on the board of directors and making business and hardware decisions. 

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

If they're doing the whole "shared games between console and handheld", it will be very, very difficult to get PS4-ish performance into a portable unless the games have to be completely redesigned for the two platforms, which defeats the whole point of the concept. 

My guess is more like the GCN to Wii jump. Wii U graphics on portable, 1080P Wii U graphics on the console. 

I dont think so, with Wii U hardware they cleraly targeting 720p/60fps games, also it was their first HD console so they didn't have practical experience when they were planning Wii U hardware. With their next hardware they will targeting 1080p/60fps and they will want 3rd party ports in 1080p, so I don think they will targeting power weaker than PS4.

Vita plays OK PS4 games, I dont see why Nintendo cant do something similar.

Nice. Now i´m even more excited to see the NX

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

I dont think so, with Wii U hardware they cleraly targeting 720p/60fps games, also it was their first HD console so they didn't have practical experience when they were planning Wii U hardware. With their next hardware they will targeting 1080p/60fps and they will want 3rd party ports in 1080p, so I don think they will targeting power weaker than PS4.

Vita plays OK PS4 games, I dont see why Nintendo cant do something similar.

Vita doesn't play PS4 games, it just handle them via streaming which is mostly useless when you're outside the house. 

I don't think Nintendo's gives a rats ass about third parties. They will make a system that suits their needs first and foremost. If third parties want to make games for it, that's after the fact. 

And yeah I did say 1080P graphics on the console NX ... just with Wii U type graphics. The portable will run games with Wii U fidelity visuals in 540p to 720p resolution. The home version will run the same games at 1080p. But other than that I wouldn't expect a massive jump in the actual graphics themselves and I don't think Nintendo even wants that. 

All that does is make the game budgets more expensive and Nintendo is very picky as is in which Wii U projects they allow to push the console hardware. 

this generation will be the short9er) lived ever.

new consoles will come in sooner than we think.

Switch!!!