By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

They say they want to surprise gamers with NX:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/iwata_nintendo_nx_will_surprise_people_and_change_their_video_gaming_lives

But unfortunately, in this time, you'll need some impressive graphics capabilities. No doubt I'll buy NX but I fear for its success if Nintendo doesn't change this mentality anytime soon.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/iwata_nintendo_nx_will_surprise_people_and_change_their_video_gaming_lives

But unfortunately, in this time, you'll need some impressive graphics capabilities. No doubt I'll buy NX but I fear for its success if Nintendo doesn't change this mentality anytime soon.

As the top commentor mentioned... the only thing that can truly blow our minds is motion controls along with virtual reality.

Honestly, that would impress me and it will put Nintendo ahead of Sony and Microsft in the virtual market.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

That doesn't mean that next NIntendo consoles can't do that.

Of course they will make a system that suits their needs first, but they saw this gen that if they dont want bad sales again that they need better 3rd part support, that why they will get architecture that allows easy port and similar PS4 power.

Next console will have better and newer graphics techs so it won't be only 1080p Wii U type graphicsyou cant say that Wii U have only 720p type graphic of Wii games. I agree for portable, 540p to 720p with less effects.

Let face it, Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power hardware, that is more compact and more power efficient in end 2016/2017 with launch price around $300.

We'll see. I think you'll be dissapointed if this is what you're expecting though. 

There's no victory for Nintendo in having a PS4 level console so late in the cycle anyway I guess. By late 2016/2017, PS4 will be $299.99 itself with hundreds of games and a marketbase of 60+ million owners with Nintendo having zero. 

Third parties aren't going to take them seriously and neither is the PS/XBox demographic (ie: basically everyone outside of Nintendo fans) in the same way no one took the Wii U seriously for only being a little better than the PS3/360. 

NX will be more of bridging the gap between the portable, or more or less making the portable line of Nintendo products their sole hardware line and having the portable games now all run on the TV for the minority portion of Nintendo fans that still prefer to play on the TV. It's not going to be about competing with Sony and MS. 

Nintendo fans have plenty of fight in them, but the company itself turtles when ever they're faced with direct competition. 

If they could make their console interesting to consumers, with that new Nintendo thing, maybe very strong handheld/home console integration or something new...great Nintendo games...

Third party will take them more seriously if ports are easy, fast and cheap. Espacialy if the port one game in same time on handheld and home console.

I agree about NX, and yes Nintendo will not compete with Sony and Microsoft, but similar architecture and power could secure them ports.

It's that glove someone speculated this year.

GameMasterPC said:

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

Me and Rol have been saying this for ages, it's heartwarming to see others finally agreeing with us. ;)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
I called this a long time ago, I even have bets against two members that NX won't significantly exceed PS4 in specs.

Don't call victory too soon ;)

They will have to keep up with specs nevertheless. In this sector, you can't afford to fall behind too much.

curl-6 said:
GameMasterPC said:

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

Me and Rol have been saying this for ages, it's heartwarming to see others finally agreeing with us. ;)

:D

Let's be real here. The console market is in rapid decline. No amount of power is going to reverse that.

What Nintendo needs to do is catch the wave leading into a paradigm shift for the industry. They missed the last one completely, and now it is Apple who has sold 800 million smart phones, tablets, and iPod touches. That was the direction Nintendo was going in 2006 with the release of the Wii and DS Lite and the sleek and easy interface, and they should have kept going that direction and come up with a new third pillar type touchscreen family of devices. They would have been hot.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

hatmoza said:
HintHRO said:

As the top commentor mentioned... the only thing that can truly blow our minds is motion controls along with virtual reality.

Honestly, that would impress me and it will put Nintendo ahead of Sony and Microsft in the virtual market.

Well there's no hope for that because we know what specs are require for VR. And also Reggie says it's not 'Fun' it's just 'Tech'.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'